1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Snubby Tactics

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by kilogulf59, May 9, 2008.

1. infidel_2_dabone

infidel_2_dabone New Member

I agree 100% with you 7 is better than 5,and I have given this considerable thought and I feel that 2 guns are better than 1. So I purchased the S&W 686 PLUS 3" Brl for my go to weapon and relagate the 340PD as my backup. I still will keep my longgun near by just in case the natives get restless. JMO.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Yeah the 2 gun idea is absolutely true...it is the fastest reload. Loading a mag fed weapon is hard enough in a pinch, let alone reloading a revolver. It's complicated. Then factor in darkness, flash blindness from muzzle flash, loss of motor skills, and maybe fingers slippery with blood....just easier to grap another roscoe.

I practice reloading often and try to make conditions difficult. But I have no illusions about it...just might not get that reload done. On the other hand, I reckon once my sidearm is empty, there will be one or two other handguns laying nearby on the ground.
  3. getgot

getgot New Member

from what i was told from a licensed concealed handgun instructor (off duty police), if u have to shoot, shoot to stop the threat. Do Not talk with anyone until you have spoken with your lawyer...never..things can turn on u.
  4. getgot

getgot New Member

I have chosen my Ruger LCP over the 2" barrel .38 I have for comfort, concealability. I'll be alright with 6 rounds..if not, whatever