so how does my 45 look?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by cpt.bales, Jun 15, 2006.

1. cpt.bales

cpt.bales Former Guest

i put a laser dot on it and a new muzzle brake. my roomate keeps telling me it looks like crap. what do you guys think??????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  2. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I think your roomie and I like to keep 1911's simple, save the gucci gear for the AR! :D

Seriously though, it's your pistol, who gives a flip what anyone else thinks?

Crpdeth
  4. HiSpeed

HiSpeed New Member

I agree with your roomie but also agree with Crpdeth--it is yours who else should care. :) :) :D
  5. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Kinda like a Hot Rod - "My Car, My Way."

Doesn't float my boat, but its yours, not mine.
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

It looks nice, Iwould like it better if it was one of the guide rod lasers. or grip lasers
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Looks like crap, send it to me and I'll fix it up:D for me.:) Just joking.

Personally, I would loose that laser and replace it with one of the built in ones. Like the ones mentioned above, in the grip but you probablly wouldn't want to loose that stamp on the side that says US. How about the guide rod laser.

Nice peice by the way.
  8. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

It's your ..........do what you want with it ( if it makes you happy).....
  9. corpis66

corpis66 New Member

hey, if the laser has a practical purpose then keep it, if not... whatev, tis your gun, just might be a bit hard finding a holstwer for that thing tho.
  10. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I'm with Crpdeath, the best 1911 is a simple one.

Just my opinion, it is after all, your pistol.
  11. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

If it NEEDED a stinkin' laser then by GOD old John Moses would have BUILT it with one!!! :cool: :p :D :D But then again he built it KNOWING it needed better sights anyway, so what the heck, if it works, and you can holster it, go for it.

Is that just a brake on the 5" or a ported 6"?

IMHO, the .45 round is so low pressure that "ports' or "brakes" don't do anything for recoil control from the gases, but longer barrels and muzzle WEIGHTS do if you slow the lock time and use lighter recoil springs, in fact when I went to a 6" Bar-sto, I built a ported compensator for it, but after a while got sick of the crud blowing out the top hole and trimmed the compensator back to the end of the port so it was just a weight like a Clark pin gun, and it worked JUST as well, maybe even better.

But if it's still a 5", then the brake is just for looks. But then "ground effects" and a "fart can" on a 4 speed '89 Honda Civic with the stock rice burner is just for looks too, and SOMETIMES make it look and sound cool at the same time, and it STILL gets 32 mpg, so whatever you want for it is OK by me.

I WOULD lose the 15 round mag though no matter what. You can probably sell it for a good price to somebody ELSE convinced "hicap" is the ONLY way and get two good Wilson 7 rounders and practice the speed reloads, which is the best way to go ANYWAY, as WELL as forcing you to learn a skill you will need EVENTUALLY, as even 30 round mags will run dry in a gunfight someday .... :p

But I'm kinda with the others, my 1911 is pretty much back to "stock" now, heck, I'm even back to stuffing it with factory hardball, simple is as simple does, or something like that :D
  12. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

OMG!!!! That`s uglier that the az-en of a cow with dicondarea!!
    Hot loads work great with comp, do nothing for factory.......cept make it louder.

What is that pencil attached to the trigger guard??? Is it French??????

LTS
  13. KobraCarry

KobraCarry New Member

Kind of odd. But who cares as long as you like! Won't work well for carry though...
  14. 1wildbill

1wildbill New Member

My step-dad has a laser like this, it's cheap, it works for him. What is the muzzle brake for? To each their own.

I have a G.I. Champion and I put new grips, sights, and a trigger job on it.

To be truthful, it's butt ugly to me, but if you like if it, it's okay by me. If you like it?
  15. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

I donĀ“t like it, but beauty is on the eye of the beholder. That would be you, so to hell with me an all. We can compromise however, if you get rid of the laser.