SO how is your economic situation now?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, Dec 19, 2010.

?

How is your economic situation now?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2010.
  1. Great never better

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. About the same as 4 yrs ago

23 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. sucking wind

33 vote(s)
    52.4%
  4. On food stamps

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

2. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

I'm retired, so I don't fit any of those choices.
  3. shegun

shegun New Member

My husband was retired too... Then he died in May. Everything is fine as long as the bucks rolls in, but when women lose their husband's income, life sucks--big green gooey ones!
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i am sorry to hear u lost your husband, try to hang in there
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I just took a $250 a month cut in my Postal Retirement because I turned 62, and they are now taking out $100 from my SS for medicaid. Other than that everything else is about the same. Sure wish I still had that $350 bucks a month, that's almost 1 gun per month, if I buy cheap, or used. I am worried about the future though. All of our income is from the Fed because we are both ex-postal workers, and we all know that the Fed is broke!!!:eek: At least I can plant some grub, and am able to hunt, and fish a little (for now anyway).
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

My wife and my Social Security benefits are reduced by 60% because we are both receiving pensions from the State of IL. The only reason we payed into SS was so we could eventually be eligible for Medicare, so we only get a bare minimum payment even if it were not reduced by IL. law. This year, our Plan "B" payment nearly doubled and we received no cost of living increase for the second straight year from SS because the SS Administration lives on Mars where the cost of living has remained the same.(not so here on earth) Now the State of IL. is broke and is threatening to default on its pension obligations which would include our health ins. co-pay, Cigna. If in fact this comes to pass, My wife and I will have a grand total of $400.00 dollars a month to live on after our part"B" is paid. We will be homeless, hungry and destitute with health ins. What a country!
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Cigna SUCKS! The people I work for cancelled Cigna this year because they no longer covered dependant children.:mad: My son was cut off 2 years ago because he turned 18 and I can't afford to send him to college full time.

We changed to Aetna, and as of the 01/01/2011 my son will be covered till he's 26 even tho I can't pay for his college. The coverage is comparable to Cigna in all other aspects.

Do you have any other choices?
  8. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Worked my butt off to get house and car paid for before I turned 65. Now food goes up, taxes goes up, medical goes up, utilities goes up but Social Security doesn't because we have no inflation. :eek:

Good thing Congress got their last raise because they are doing such a great job for us.

I'm keeping up with taxes so far but if they keep going up and SS doesn't I will have to hope the real estate market changes for the better because I'm going to have to leave the little hut in the woods.
  9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

In same boat. Wish those that figure cost of living would come live in
    real world instead of their gardens of eden.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I really feel for folks that are in your shoes, and I might find myself right along side you at any time. This is what our government wants, a Nation full of gratefull servants, because they throw us enough scraps to keep us alive. Completly dependant upon them for all things. $400 dollars a month is low enough for you folks to get food stamps, but only if you give your house away, and your car. You can't own anything and get Fed assistance. What a load, and to think I had high hopes (well not real high) that this latest bunch of "Consertives" would help us out. What a maroon I was, thinking that any of these political pigs would want to salvage our country!!:mad:
  11. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Funny this thread has come out now, No jobs, Government spending has gone through the bloody roof, and now some of you wanna talk about our economoc situation. Really? I got a family to support on no income, I got children whos Christmas is gonna come two weeks late due to financial pressures, If I can even get to get them anything at all. I have sold damn near everything I can sell to keep from drowning. Imagine my wife workin part time at Toys R Us just to keep the bills paid and watchin folks come through her line spending Hundreds of dollars on their kids knowin she aint gonna be able to spare anything on her own,

What a hell of a time to pop off with a thread like this. You know what, I have worked my ASS off to suport a family and to live the "American Dream". My bills are paid, I owe nothing, No credit cards, No Medical bills, No nothing. Everything is Zero, but so is my income. I have sold over 4000 dollars in guns. The only things I have left are sentimental and I will be damned if I get rid of family heirlooms.

I am gonna put my hide right in the FED's crosshairs with thses last statements. I INVITE THE CURRENT GORUP OF POLITICIANS TO KISS MY ROSEY RED BROKE @$$, YOU BUNCH OF JACK@$$ES HAS RUN US POOR FOLK IN THE GROUND AND JUST LIKE BEFORE WE WILL RISE UP AND PUT OUR FOOT IN YOUR POMPASS @$$ES. COMMIN FROM THE LOWER CLASS OF AMERICA #%$& YOU WASHINGTON!

I am tired of this crap, Time for me to take a break

UGLY OUT
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  12. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

I know when my father passed away my mother thought that she was going to get his retirement but it did not happen that way. Like you wrote the bucks stopped rolling in. She was very bitter about it. My brothers and myself supported and took care of her until she herself passed on. My wife and I still work and have a couple years togo before retirement. I am hoping the economy starts to turn around alittle by then.
  13. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

i am personally sucking wind. i dont go anywhere unless i have to. The key does not go in the truck. I do alot of fishing which helps provide. I have not been able to do any hunting this year so far becuase i cant spend the gas to go.

I think we have one more chance to make money. I am goning to gear up myself to be as self sufficent as possible. I think the next time we have a swing to the left it will be the end of us. If i had to take a guess i think once 2012 turns things around we might have to 2020. So by 2018 you better have your house together.
  14. MUROFSMRA

MUROFSMRA New Member

If we knew the truth, we'd find that we are in NORTH Korea! Almost; at least we can vote, or move to a warmer climate. In a brilliant move, I "consolidated" all my calibers. Meaning that I sold a bunch of guns and ammo. Even though I got a lot more than what I had invested, there will be no more $$ by that method. I cn't fill my belly with "Big-Ø's" crap and lies. But it does seem that "folk like us" (RKBA-fans) made a difference in the last election. Hope it's not too late. These progress-o-fascists are a determined bunch, having gotten away with a lot in the last 100 years. They hink they can't be beaten. They're wrong, as long as I breathe. Muro.
  15. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I really don't have it bad at all. My heart goes out to all the folks who suffer. I pray that we are better next year.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010