So: Keppler

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Joe Haller, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Joe Haller

Joe Haller New Member

Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan & Mission, Texas
    Five shots on the target instead of 10.
    OK: I scored the first two targets and then the second two targets as:
    100-7x
    And:
    100-9x

Very impressive scores at 100 yards!

Because the rings are 1” apart on this target,we can make a ROUGH guess of group size without using a reticule rule attached to a caliber.
    Here is my rough guess of his group sizes.
    --------------------------
    1.100”
    1.300”
    0.500”
    1.200”
    --------
    1.025” Average
    ---------------------------
    Keppler: I am sure you can come up with a more accurate measurement, cuz you got the targets. If you don’t have a reticule rule attached to a caliper, you should measure the diameter of one of the bullet holes. Then measure the group, outside edge to outside edge.
    Subtract the measurement you got from that stand alone bullet hole from the measurement you got on the group and you will have a fairly accurate measurement of the center to center measurement. Because of difference in paper, bullet lube and bullet shape, the holes range in size from about .214 to .219”.
    ------------------
    LOOK AT THIS:
    First Place in the NBRSA 2002 100 Yard Sporter Rifle Championship
    CERN ADDISON
    0.340”
    0.964”
    0.715”
    0.995”
    0.907”
    --------
    0.784” Average
    --------------------
    If you would have shot one more group and held that average of 1.025”, you would have done better than the 9th Place finisher in last year’s National Championship.
    --------------------
    HOLIS MILEY
    ---------
    1.073” Average
    --------------------
    Here is the last place man in last year’s NBRSA 100 Yard Sporter Rifle Championship
    MIKE PONDER
    1.491”
    2.744”
    1.179”
    2.880”
    2.218”
    ---------
    2.102” Average
    --------------------
    That should give everyone here who shoots 100 yard groups, a frame of reference as to how he stacks up against the best in the country.

SO: Now I am gona tell Jerry Martin, the Oklahoma Team Captain about those targets ya shot, Keppler.
    And, I gota ask ya: Ya got some Okie Pride? The Oklahoma team sometimes has a hard time getting four men together for a team. Jerry Martin over in Shawnee has three GOOD shooters. He needs FOUR and he needs YOU.

Jerry’s e-mail address is: Sabots50@aol.com

Joe
  2. keppler

keppler New Member

Hmmmm...what kinda gun was they shootin to win it?

I better keep practicing if I can only beat the ninth place guy.

It would be hard for me to play with you fellas since I seldom have anyone shoot with me or be a witness. But I'll think about it.
  3. Joe Haller

Joe Haller New Member

Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan & Mission, Texas
    9th Place Shooter

I don't know what Cern Addison: The 1st Place shooter, was using in the Sporter Class.
    9th Place shooter, Hollis Miley shot an NS 522 with a factory stock, Leupold scope and Federal ammo.
    There were a lot of Sakos in the top ten.
    Maximum weight in the sporter class is 8 1/2 pounds.

Joe
  4. keppler

keppler New Member

I keep hearing good things about the Sakos. The only one I've ever seen was about the plainest looking gun I ever saw. I dont know if they come in different models or grades of wood or what but that thing was just ugly.
    I like nice wood on a gun. I guess thats why I like the sporter styles instead of the synthetic stocked target models. I keep reading about how the fiberglass stocks are more accurate because wood warps and swells, but I guess I'm just old fashioned, Give me wood any day.
    I'll have to check out and see what a NS 522 is, I'm not familiar with that one.
    I wont get to shoot this weekend. We're involved in the American Cancer Society fund raiser here so I'll be busy with that this weekend. I hope I can sneak out long enough to mow and spray my range for ticks and critters...again...they liked the stuff I used the first time.
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

... [​IMG]