so, what do you say

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Dec 8, 2012.

1. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas as always! I've never been nor will be politically correct!!!
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I always say Merry Christmas, I hate the 'politically correct' happy holidays nonsense.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I am NOT a "PC" kind of guy.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Merry Christmas, no matter who I am greeting. It tends to pizz me off for someone to say happy holidays to me.
  5. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

There is a DJ on one of the Local radio stations (Music) that has made my day a time or two. He says, " when I am greeted with "happy holidays" I say, Holidays? And what holiday might that be? When they say "Well Christmas of course". He responds, "OH Christmas, why didn't you say so, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too.
    I have even heard him say it to sponsors that call in to sell their stuff.

Wonder how long he can keep this up before he gets canned?
  6. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Always Merry Christmas am not a pc person. So Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year here! Christ is the reason for the season, and no man, or woman, will tell me other wise, or they get to feel my wrath! It ain't the wrath of God, but it works for me! When I'm greated with Happy Holidays, I almost always respond with "so, you're an Atheist, huh".
  8. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

" Merry Christmas!" may not be politically correct these days, but I have never been accused of being politically correct either. So "Merry Christmas!" it is and always will be.
  9. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

saying "happy holidays" and meaning it is for the weak minded pansie a$$ freaks with no gut or purpose in life. but if a person is saying it just to appease others, then I let them know how I feel. like the guy at the store ringing the bell. after I corrected him he smiled and said "you are right"
  10. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Always say merry x-mas to my customers. If they are offended they don't have to do business with me.
  11. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas.
  12. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Sorry, but it's Christ-mas, not x-mas.
  13. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Merry Chistmas and a blessed New Year to you all. The Greek alphabet is suppose to represent Christ with the letter X however Christ was not Greek so I think alot of folks use that designation to keep from saying Christ. And if anyone doesn't appreciate my sincere wishes then I wish them a Merry-kiss-mas.:):D:confused::D
  14. nosreme

nosreme Guest

I a semi-liberal and very much a non-believer. I say "Merry Christmas." "Happy holidays" makes me gag. PC is for the intellectually weak...for those who seek the path of least resistance...for those who are trying to turn "being offended" (actually, those claims are not about offended at all, but about power and control over others' speech) into a constitutional right.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  15. SmallCaliberGuy

SmallCaliberGuy Active Member

Merry Christmas!!

Always have, always will.