So. What's your Thanksgiving plans?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lilly, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Lilly

Lilly New Member

Hi all.
    We are staying home...no company or friends....no relatives....just me hubby & the dog. No turkey either (gave him to the church, for someone who has no $$ for meat) we are having extra thick Porterhouse Steaks on the grill with baked tators and veggie & salad...couple bottles of wine too, or maybe Irish coffees for breakfast! MMM...and a good long nap after din din!
    Lilly :D
  2. We're staying home as well, Lilly. My youngest daughter is coming down if it doesn't snow too much for her to get here. Otherwise, just the wife and I along with the Labradors. :D
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Terri, Jessie & my Mom-in-Law will be going to my Brothers for Dinner. My parents will be out visiting from Florida, so will be a week's visit. They have a new great grandchild to see! Traditional Dinner, with a Cribbage Tournament. :)
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Maybe one of these days I'll do the same Lilly, but one problem with everyone knowing you love to cook includes you being nominated to do so! LOL...

I spent about 10 hours smoking a turkey, a chicken and slow cooked mashed potatoes last week for a Thanksgiving dinner for my Cousins/Thanksgiving get together last Saturday, Now I'm already getting another turkey ready to brine for this week, for the other side of the family... I do love it though, I love to cook and I love the compliments, but more than that I look forward to one of my uncles meat dishes that is out of this world for spicy food lovers like he and I are, it is Sooo hot! LOL, he and I will probably be the only ones eating it. :D

Crpdeth
  5. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

No plans, yet. Seriously.

I just did some shopping about an hour ago, and I bought stuffing, potatoes, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, cranberry sauce, appetizers (cheese, crackers, deviled eggs), cool whip topping, corn meal (for cornbread) but no turkey whatsoever.

Again, no plans. Weird, I be.
  6. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

TV DINNER with the wife :D:D
  7. Ron and Carla on Thanksgiving: :D;):p

[​IMG]
  8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

The wife, son, and I.
    A couple of game hens.
    No company.
  9. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

We'll stay in town but go a few miles to our son and his families house......love that tamale dressing, sometimes better than the bird. Last year we drove to Salt Lake for big bird with our daughter and her great dog Zephyr.
  10. Warpaint

Warpaint New Member

Thanksgiving may be interesting here this year!!! I have plans to go to the Girlfriend's family gathering. (The army that it is.) Then a couple hours later to some friends for more turkey bird. Finally to my parent's home for yet more stuffed bird.

Nothing unusal there, but here's the rub!!

I'm supposed to have my son, who is two, this year for Thanksgiving. My lovely ex-wife has decided that I can't have him and has told me that if I don't like it to take her to court. (Of course that would be well after Thanksgiving.) The County Attorney has now sent her a letter stating she will be in contempt of court and that I will be there at the appropriate time to pick him up. She says that that's tough sh*t and that my son won't be there. They will be gone Thanksgiving and too bad.

So, does anyone know if they serve turkey and dressing in the women's wing of county jails on Thanksgiving?:rolleyes:

Don't you just love drama!?!
    Happy Turkeybird Day everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
  11. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I wanted potted meat sandwiches but she is insisting on a pork roast
  12. travihanson

travihanson New Member

I plan on being in Fort Jackson South Carolina for Thanksgiving.........Who knows what will be in store for me there. My wife and daughter are going to my wife's grandparent's house in Connecticut for dinner....
  13. Texman

Texman New Member

not doing nada,, mother is in assisted living home and they had thanksgiving last week. Wife starts new cancer treatments on the 27th and we really just don't feel like fooling with it.. Think I am going to the local Mexican place and do some good ole Mexican home cooking... Don't have the nerve to ask my
    Mexician neighbor/friend to do it,,she would over load us with food. Durn they are good people;)
  14. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Well, I've got some cooking and brewing plans up my sleeve. So, I had to get some important shopping done...

- Chocolate flavored Ex-Lax
    - Visine with Tetrahydrozolene

Explanation: The chocolate flavored Ex-Lax is for making a batch of chocolate chip cookies. The Visine? When 10 drops of it are placed in, say, a cup of morning coffee, it will cause violent gas and uncontrollable bowel movements.

Reason: the Battle-Ax-in-Law has invited herself over for Thanksgiving.

Turkey, football, and a bathroom bound mother-in-law... now that's a holiday! :)
  15. TheJakster2

TheJakster2 New Member

Staying home, most of my family is now in North Carolina. Wife,me both our kids, How did Pat put it--Oh battle ax and my wife's 97 yo grandmother. They live with us, God help me. Pretty much traditional meal except gonna throw some venison in the mix.
    Then FOOTBALL!

I know it's early but "Happy Thanksgiving" to all who post here and their families.