SOG International

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Tom Militano, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Has anyone had any dealings with SOG International? How are they to do business with? Thanks
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I live about 1 hour away, so I do most of my business with them in person.

They are very good to deal with, once you "get by" certain phone order takers! It is not uncommon for a certain girl at least who answers to not know much about what they have, strictly a computer and stock number person, and I have called back later after being told "out" and had a different person then say "in stock."

Having said that, they also do not update their ads very quickly, a lot of times stuff advertised for a while is out of stock, but still advertised...which is annoying....

However, they generally give good descriptions, and I know the girl in shipping who actually does the 'hand selects,' so do NOT p*** HER off;) :p (her name is Cynthia, and she knows a LOT about what they have and conditions....) although the LAST time when i bought my Nagant, she wasn't there and her replacement was even NICER, let me pick through a couple before I took one, usually they don't let you do that, you just check what they picked and either take it or not....kind of like if you got it in the mail....

Again, they take special orders on "hand selects", like lowest number, oldest date, best looking, arsenals, whatever you ask and try to match as closely as they can, so the extra $5 or $10 is generally worth it for "hand select...."

I've probably bought most of my CRs from them since 2000...but I've bought quite a few from AIM too, which lucky for me is only 10 miles up the road from SOG!:) Aim generally has better stuff, but then again seem to be a little "ruder" when ordering or picking up.....but they let you look at up to three at the counter, before they charge you extra for "hand select...."

SOG also occasionally makes mistakes, like anybody, (like once I ordered a "Hand select" Sako M39 and a "normal" VG VKT M39, but actually got a "Hand Select" VKT and a "normal" Sako... but then when I ordered cheaper dirtier 8x56 "sterile" Hungarian ammo not on clips to try, but got the more expensive Nazi marked stuff that I like ON clips for the same price, so it washes...oh well...)but I haven't gotten into any disputes with them yet, so I don't know how they resolve them...but I do know they treat you pretty much the same whether you are ordering one $70 gun or 100....at least they do me....

I recommend SOG highly, at least for CRs...

They are MUCH better than dealing with Century directly, better treatment, better stuff, AND prices, even if most of their stuff is FROM Century, go figure....
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  3. gunbuff58

gunbuff58 New Member

Been dealing with them for years. Have done mail order and in person. In person is the best bet for me. I have got the best guns at their window. Like a P-38 Walter. Was told they didn't have any on a phone order and went there to pick up another type of firearm and asked the girl at the window about P-38 Walters. Like..when would you be getting more. She said wait a minute and came back with a real nice pistol with perfect markings. Said they just got a few in and this was the best one. Now that made my day. Another time I ordered a Yugo SKS and when I got it the stock was cracked almost in half. I called them...they were sorry and I could send it back. I drove it down there and they gave me a fantastic Yugo in its place. I would recommend anybody to deal with them. Sometimes you just have to be a little patient.

Gunbuff
  4. Sarge

Sarge Former Guest

I've been dealing with them for years and have had good service and almost always quick resolution to problems, of which I've had several. Only one didn't get taken care of - an ammo order that turned out to be no good and I got stuck with the 1000 rds.
    Sarge