SOG needs to get some quality help...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 3:36:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    SOG needs to get some quality help...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Placed a substantial order with SOG today. Girl on the phone was S-L-O-W in whichever sense of the word you wish to apply.

They're out of Russian M44's, Polish M44's, Bulgarian Makarovs, PA-63's (!).... but I still managed to spend $1200! A good chunk of that was freight. Doesn't any of these surplus distributors have a freight-paid program? Maybe I'm spoiled with mainstream distributors...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/5/02 5:59:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SOG needs to get some quality help...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I guess when you're selling a 10# rifle for $39.95, it's hard to offer $8 shipping for free!

bondai
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 8:13:50 pm)
    Took me over a month to get a refund from them.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 8:49:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: SOG needs to get some quality help...
    John, I'd agree if I was buying ONE. Now the same girl calls back and tells me they are out of more stuff. Who knows what I'm going to get...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 9:24:09 pm)
    Beware the Airhead SOG Order Girl!

But I've had the same thing happen at AIM...I called once to order some M44s, one order taker said they were out, so I said I'd refigure my order and call back...called back in 1/2 hour to order some 91/30s, talked to a guy, all done with the order, I said something about wishing they had the 44s, he said, we have them! Changed my order BACK to what I originally wanted, drove right there to pick them up and they sure did have them!

A tiger never changes his spots.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/6/02 8:14:10 am)
    SOG does have an airhead on the order desk - I have encountered the frustration before. I have also had five Polish M44s on back order for over three months now. They still advertise the same in each monthly flier, I wish they would note some were temporarily out, or on backorder. They do advertise a lot more than what they actually have.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!