1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

SOG's Turkish Mausers, M91/30s, and Russian M44s

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Spanish Cruffler
    (10/8/01 6:56:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All SOG's Turkish Mausers, M91/30s, and Russian M44s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am thinking of ordering a quantity of each of these. I plan to keep the best for my collection, and trade the others. Has anybody gotten any of these recently from SOG, and can give me an idea of their quality? I am sure they will probably not have the cleaning rods - I don't know what it is with these recent imports that they don't have rods.

Yes, I know, they ain't Spanish - but I do need to keep up the trading fodder!

AntiqueDr
    (10/8/01 7:37:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SOG's Turkish Mausers, M91/30s, and Russian M44s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've been looking at getting 20-30 of the M44's of different manufacture - still researching to find which sell best.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Spanish Cruffler
    (10/8/01 7:43:13 am)
    About a year ago I stocked five each of the Hungarian, Polish, Romainian, and Russian M44s. The Russians went the fastest, followed by the Polish and Romanian. Definately, everyone wants the Russians.

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/8/01 10:02:41 am)
    The last 91/30s I got from SOG were pretty ratty, but no cosmo, so you saw immediately what you got, and they will work with you on dates/manufactures as much as they can when you order...I also talked them ONE time into a $5 hand-select fee on one when I bought 3, and got a pretty nice '43 Izh, still not matching, no rod, but better wood and better finish, actually the best one I have...haven't been able to get that with the new girls taking orders, but if you get the guy, he'll work with you...he even said he gives $5 HP on any guns under $100, but the others say $10 period.

Cynthia in shipping/pick up says if you bitch enough, they'll give it to you, I like that girl...

The ones I got in the past two months from AIM were cosmo queens, wouldn't have had any choice through the mail, but they let me "limited self hand pick" from around 10 of them when I picked up my three...About all I could do was get dates/arsenals I wanted, with that much cosmo, and eliminate obvious cracked stocks/handguards, but I really couldn't tell until I cleaned them up what they looked like, but the ones I got were SLIGHTLY better than SOG after all the cleaning.

Recent Russian 44s from SOG are FedOrd, good shape with rods, BUT Fed ord puts their import stamp right on the chamber which sucks, and I got one that they scratched up badly stamping it, looked like heck on an otherwise decent 95-100% rearsenal...but the wood is best I've ever gotten on a VG 44...few dings, just surface scratches.

Last batch of Hungarian 44s from SOG I got cheap were pretty bad, didn't keep one.

The Polish I've gotten were pretty nice, but I noticed they raised prices on them, don't know if they are NICER now or they are running out...

I'm looking for them to run some more 5 for deals on 44s soon....
    I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

Spanish Cruffler
    (10/8/01 1:13:32 pm)
    I noticed in their last several flyers they didn't have the daily special calendar on the back anymore. Wonder why? Well, I took a pot-shot, and orderd five each of the Turkish Mausers, M91/30s and Russian M44s. We shall see what we get.

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/8/01 9:00:42 pm)
    Oh yeah, I screwed up...the Russian 44s from SOG are from InterOrdnance, not FedOrd.
    I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...