1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Sold my Ruger P89......so sad.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by phlmorgan, Apr 15, 2010.

1. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

I loved my Ruger, but I just had to have a new gun. This is only the 2nd gun I ever sold. I've given a few to my father but know I will get them back some day.

So, to appease my sorrow, I went out and bought a new Springfield XDM 9 :D. Going to the range tomorrow to try out 19 shots per mag :D. Just had to have one

Heard to many great things about the XDM. I really like the 19 shot mag. Less reloading was my reason but it really means even more. I love 9mm's, cheap to shoot and still enough punch to stop an intruder.

I have 45's, 357/38, 380, and maybe a 40 in the future but the cost of ammo is the around the same as the 45 so havent seen the point yet.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

In my small town, Wal-mart is the only ammo retailer. Their price for Winchester FMJ (white box) is $10 more per box (100 round boxes) for .45 than for .40. Ten cents per shot is pretty significant in my mind.

Sad to hear you had to let an old friend go. But I'm sure glad you got a new one. :D
  3. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

my solution is not to sell them. But, with unemployment I might have to part with a few. We will see. P-89 is getting to be a well known standard for ruger. I like the looks of the sr-9. But you made an awesome choice with the XDM 9. It is a very nice carry gun.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

Shame on you!
  5. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

Ok, I took the new XDM out for a couple hundred rounds. Very NICE. Accuracy not as good as the P-89 but still needs to be broken in. Much better feel in the hand. Ruger was bulky. Trigger on XDM excellent.

I figure after a few hundred more rounds will get the feel of the new gun. I also have a pretty new Taurus 24/7 pro thats only had about 400 rounds through it and still havent gotten the accuracy of the P-89 but it's getting better everytime out.

I know alot of people dislike the Taurus but so far a very very good gun. I just don't like the straight 8 sights as well as three dot. Great feel in the hands w/ the river grips and the trigger is good.

The XDM feels almost as good in the hands and trigger even better. Groups started to tighten up after around the 4th mag.

Any advise as to how many rounds you should shoot at one shooting before breaking down and cleaning? I have heard about 500. I would like to break in properly.