Soldier of American Revolution

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

rhmc24
    (11/26/02 5:02:35 pm)
    Reply Soldier of American Revolution
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm trying to find a record, possibly a data base of soldiers of the American Rev. Specifically I am trying to get info on Ephraim Lyon. I have a gun with his name and date 1777 on it. Gun is a fowler with a bayonet lug added. I have tried the usual simple search utilities without result. Have found two Ephraim Lyon names in genealogical websites who would have been adults in 1777, but no way to get further info about them. Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Robert

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/26/02 6:42:25 pm)
    Re: Soldier of American Revolution
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to TFF,

I have no idea.

Hopefully one of our members cna help you out

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/26/02 7:29:10 pm)
    Reply Re: Soldier of American Revolution
    Welcome rhmc24 to The Firearms Forum.
    Hopefully someone can help you in your search.
    Check back and post often

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Silver72
    (12/6/02 1:33:26 pm)
    Reply Re: Soldier of American Revolution
    If you want to chase a little genealogy on this Lyon then start with:

genforum.genealogy.com/lyon/

Post what you have and see what comes forth. If someone replies you will be notified.

On the left of the first screen you can search the particular name and see how many posts have been made in the past with that name.