soliciting opinions on the springfield XD

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Model American, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Model American

Model American New Member

What do you guys think of the Springfielg XD series? My gun guy has a XD 9101 and I love the trigger on that thing. Any opinions?

Attached Files:

2. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

Havent shot one so I cant give an honest opinion but its still a plastic gun so therefore I wouldnt be interested.
    just my .02
  3. warpig

warpig Guest

I can't get by the looks

Life is to short to shoot an ugly gun.

Just my opinion.

If you like one don't stop what I think about the looks stop you. They might indeed be good guns. I have not shot one. Depending on what I read they are good and bad.
  4. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

No first-hand experiene with one myself either. Personally, I too can't get past the homliness of the model. Also, if this XD is so great, why wasn't there all this excitement over the HS2000. Its is the identical gun except for the markings. Amazing how people will look at it now that it says Springfield on it.

Anyways...for more info - proberly biased but... - go here www.hs2000talk.com
  5. 1badmagnum

1badmagnum New Member

I have warmed up to polymer

after aquiring a hk usp,I have begun to like polymer pistols,they feel good,are lighter,and less maintenance is required.
    I also own a springfield xd in 40 caliber,and it is a fantastic shooter,and it was cheap.
    I paid under $400 including my transfer fees.
    the gun shoots well and with springfields warranty and customer service reputation,I felt good in making the purchase.
    I own quite a few 1911's,and the springfield can hold its own,even if it isnt as pretty as a stainless 1911 pistol.
  6. sig_230

sig_230 New Member

I bought one of the HS2000s when they first hit the shelves. Gen 1. $300.00 out de door including tags, taxes, a couple boxes of gold dots and some range time. It's been super reliable and a joy to shoot. Has the grip angle, barrel lockup and take down of the SiG P series, is fully SA unlike the GLOCK semi-SA action, has the additional grip safety and accepts SiG sights.

In all, the Croation Sensation has been one of the best gun buys I've made.
    [​IMG]
  7. frosty

frosty New Member

Springfield tupperware company:D

Oh.......I am sorry I thought I was at the Better Homes and Gardens website.
    :D
  8. Model American

i can't find the Hs 2000 anywhere.
  9. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I looked them over when I was shopping for a semi-auto...I looked at the Springfield XD's, the Glocks, CZ's......and I just couldn't bring myself to buying a gun made out of plastic...(nothing personal to those that own them)...but I felt the need for heavy metal in my hands.....

That's why I ended up with the Beretta 96F in .40S&W...

The funny thing is, I'm more of a wheel gun man, I just wanted something semi-auto for a more practical home defense, and SHTF weapon, and as soon as I get the Ruger GP-161 I want, this Beretta semi-auto will semi-retire to the possition it was intended.....home defense!
  10. frosty

frosty New Member

plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
    plastic
  11. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

That wacky old man can't handle a .40 S&W.......:D

That old cuss can sure handle a 1911 though......;)
  12. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

"and SHTF weapon"
    Sure to Hot To Fire?
    darn acronyms

Dave McDonald, gunsmith at my reg. shop says great things about both of the guns (hs2000 and springfield xd) and he is a national match winner and die hard 1911 guy. My brother was interested in one.
  13. stash247

stash247 New Member

Being a 1911 kinda guy, this is tough.
    The S'pfld xd is the Glock that Glock should have built. I'll never own one, but it shoots like it had eyes, and the trigger couldn't be better, and still be legal.
    From a technical standpoint, all the bases are covered- it runs GOOD!
    Just don't have all the buttons in the right places for this old guy!
  14. sig_230

sig_230 New Member

The HS200 is what the Croation Sensation was called before Springfield took over distributing it.
  15. Model American

Oh. Well that would explain the problem wouldn't it? Thanks for the tip.
  16. stash247

stash247 New Member

Hey, Tony Mig:
    Jeff Cooper is an old guy, that's a fact. And, maybe he can't handle the recoil, or whatever, of the .40 Smith.
    Funny, though, when you consider that he was the major proponent of the D&D Bren Ten, 30 or so years ago, and shot it like it was a .45 Colt, DA.
    Give some slack to your betters; I wouldn't go head to head with JC with a rifle, inside 300 Meters, if all he had was rocks. That's one mean old man, but very, very, good at his craft.
    If you are old enough to have been to Big Bear Lake, in the '60's,when a wheel gun was the rule, a flat gun an exception, you could have seen, first hand, what that tired old Marine was made of. If not, read his press--- written by folks who watched, not competed.
    If I misunderstood your post, I apologize in advance; if you were putting down 'ol Jeff, I don't
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  17. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Kudos Stash - Give a read to any of of Col Cooper's writings. The Art of the Rifle is particularly good, when you consider all he has written about the pistol. He's a man who has "been there and done that" and has experience to back up his beliefs. I appreciate anyone who has an opinion, has the facts to back it up, and is uniquely articulate in the process.

Semper Fi
  18. stash247

stash247 New Member

Well, knowing the miles that old warrior has been, and seen, first hand, what he can do, it just kinda upsets me to hear the same old BS out of people who have niether been there or done that, regardless of their pedigrees.
    That old rascal probably has killed more men with a shovel, than have been killed collectively by 95% of this board. Give credit where credit is due. Nothing I can say will make him more man than he already is; nothing from anyone else wiil make him less.
  19. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

what is SHTF? I really don't know
  20. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sh*t Hits The Fan