soliciting opinions on the springfield XD

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Model American, Oct 10, 2003.

1. bARRYsELL

bARRYsELL New Member

SPRINGFIELD XD LIGHTER TRIGGER

I LOVE MY XD..DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN INSTALL A COMPETITION TRIGGER IN AN XD LIKE YOU CAN A GLOCK..?I'D REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP..I GUESS I HAVE BEEN SPOILED BY KIMBER . WC AND SIG.. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO LIGHTEN IT THOUGH
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Why would Anyone want Anything other than an a 1911 type pistol?! Been best in the world for over 90 years.

berto
  3. bARRYsELL

bARRYsELL New Member

BERTO

WHY WOULD YOU MAKE SUCH A SILLY COMMENT..I CURRENTLY OWN A KIMBER SUPER MATCH, GOLD COMBAT, PRO CDP,A GLOCK 35 , A SIG 220 AND A CZ 75B ALL GREAT GUNS..JUST LOOKING FOR ANOTHER GOOD ONE. I HEARD THE XD WAS ONE..I AGREE THE 1911 IS FANTASTIC AND ACCURATE..BUT WHY LIMIT YOUR EXPERIENCE TO JUST ONE..THEY ARE JUST LIKE WOMAN..OR DID YOU ONLY EVER EXPERIENCE ONE OF THOSE TOO?..:)

I WOULD STILL LIKE AN ANSWER TO MY LIGHTEN TRIGGER PULL QUESTION
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Tupperware

Comes to mind. Quit shouting and turn off the caps key!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey bARRYsELL! Welcome to TFF...Post up some target results and Pic's of your shooter's when you can!...;)
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Barry,

If you are asking if I am a promiscuos man, I'd have to say yes. In my younger days I had many women share their company with me.

My son's mother ended that. She was that Special One. However she is no longer with me.

And I own several other pistols beside my 1911's. But they are nowhere as dependable or feel as good in my hand as a basic 1911 type iron pistol.

If you wish to impune my tastes in firearms, that's fair game, but let's leave the insults outside of here, please.

berto
  7. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

Welcome to the forum bARRYsELL

Lighten up on ol’berto ,he’s just funning ya ,why we are die hard 1911 fans around here ,its hard not to take a stab at other guns

Now to answer your question

I don’t think the xd has been around long enough for aftermarket companies to start making parts for it yet ,they usually wait to see if it is going to be a hit first

I have heard good things about it ,but I’m not a poly fan ,and under no circumstances a internal hammer fan ,even if it has twenty safeties

Pull up a chair ,tell us about your kimber
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

bARRYsELL, we all be funnin ya a bit. Part of the comaraderie here on TFF. No harm meant and we appreciate you value on any weapon. Just our way of tellin y'all that we all, including you, have our own opinions. We are glad to have you here and hope that you will join in the fun with us. After all, we are a merry bunch of miscreants that enjoy a little ribbin now and then. Berto is a great guy when you get to know him. As John Lennon said, "Give Peace A Chance"
  9. BigZig

BigZig New Member

I have owned an XD9 for 6 months and in my opinion it is the best shooting, most accurate, ugly (I like ugly), plastic/steel shooting pistol there is. I have over 6,000 rounds through mine and have never had one FTF, FTE, or any kind of malfunction with it. It is simple to strip and clean and is ugly green! I love it!
  10. txpete

txpete New Member

all I can say in the gun shop I work in we have sold a bunch of them(xd's) and when the customers come back in for more ammo they love them.zero problems and happy customers.
    as a retired army,& disabled vet that's been there I can say I don't have any plastic guns in my safe.not saying they are bad guns just not my cup of tea.the younger shooters today like the plastic guns,glock,springfields ect more power to them they are good weapons.no matter what you shoot we are all gunoholic's and thats all that matters
    :)
    pete
  11. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Maybe it has to do with the fact that when we old pharts grew up, they did not have plastic that would withstand the pressures!

Attached Files:

12. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

I've read a lot of people on here repeating "plastic", over and over. I know polymer guns are not for everyone but I tend to try and look at a gun for specific applications. I used to hate Glocks, but after reading some really good reviews on them, I decided to try one. Mainly for a hiking/camping gun because the reviews talked about how rugged they
    are in harsh conditions. They are also designed to shoot underwater, not that I will be needing to, but I figure it would be dependable even if dirty and wet. If I am pleased with the Glock then I will probably look into picking up an XD. I have read they are like the Glocks but with several extra design features. I would appreciate any experiences other have to share also. That's what makes this forum so great.
  13. txpete

txpete New Member

last sat we did our weekend shoot.my bud doc bought a full size glock (17?).I shot 2 mags thru it and was impressed with the accuracy of the pistol.he got to shoot my makarovs,bulgarian and military russian and i think I might have him looking for one now.
    he really didn't like the recoil of the 45 colt titanium ported snubbie which is a handful.
    when we shoot we trade pistols back and forth and have a great time and also it is a great way to try out something without buying one.
    I for one am not anti-plastic guns,I just like the feel of steel and wood but just again I might be showing my age.
    pete
  14. boomstik44

boomstik44 New Member

Well, there's always the polymer haters. All I can say is, don't knock what has proven to be quite efficient. The 1911 is one of the best ever pistol designs and yes, it seems like it's been around forever. It's still highly effective in the right hands ( ask L.A.P.D. Swat, who uses Kimbers). But I've also seen pros do things with the universally hated/loved glock that prove the gun's place in our society. Things change, and polymer is one of those changes. Doesn't mean you have to buy any of the hated little plastic guns. Hey, the way I see it, those who only buy steel guns make it easier for the rest of us who will buy steel or polymer framed. The question is, what will people be saying after polymer has been around for a century or so? The 1911 and other steel guns have the advantage of being around that long for good proof of their usefulness. We'll see how the polymer does. As for Springfield's XD, it's one of the finest guns I've handles, ESPECIALLY in the polymer class. The trigger, grip, and design are all superior to the glock. I've had many vets who love their 1911s say that this is indeed a fine weapon. It has one of the best double action triggers around ( I still think that Para Ordnance's LDA is tops in that regard). The price is very good as well. I hold HK in high regard and I think Springfield has a chance at being on this level. I've owned an HK USP 45 that shot better than most pistols I've fired. They are large and somewhat top heavy, though for some people. And the price is less than user-friendly. Most places I've seen advertise the XD for less than 500 bucks. You can't beat it. And for anyone who didn't know.....the XD is actually the HS2000. The HS2000 is croation designed and was importing them before Springfield bought the line of pistols out and put their own stamp on it with some modifications. Now you can get the XD in sub-compact form as well. available in 9mm or 40, if memory serves me correctly. Get one if you get the chance, I highly recommend it.