Some Americans have a short memory...

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Steve1002, May 29, 2009.

1. Steve1002

Steve1002 New Member

I'm talking about the "anti-gun" nuts. Just think what would have happened if the British would have banned guns in the colonies. We'd all be sipping tea at 2:00 and singing "God Save the Queen"! Eh, guvnuh?
  2. islenos

islenos New Member

I don't care for tea, must be the lack of English blood in my veins.
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Now hold on, thats not fair at all, I must disagree. Tea time is at 4pm. :)
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

There's a reason why real history is no longer tought in the liberal controlled public "school" system. If they tought real history, then it would be all the easier for people to recognise what The Kenyan Hussein is trying to do.
  5. Steve1002

Steve1002 New Member

It's virtually a form of revisionist's history when they don't teach the kids that if we hadn't been armed we would have been ****ed. An omission is as bad, if not worse, than an outright lie. We literally "took up arms" and vanquished a tyrannical government. Suppose we showed up in Iraq and tried to topple the regime by throwing sticks and rocks at the Iraqis.
  6. Steve1002

Steve1002 New Member

I didn't get it until I looked at your user name. You made me laugh out loud. Now THAT was funny!:D
  7. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Curiously, it was not entirely due to a tyrannical edict from the King and enforced by the Kings men in the colonies that persuaded the colonials to take up arms.

The Tea Party was indeed about taxation without representation but what ignited the stand at Lexington and Concord was this: In April 1775, as British troops ventured outside Boston to confiscate weapons from groups they viewed as trouble makers (emphasis mine)

Curious
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

So you mean the colonists were right wing extremists?!?!?!!??!!?!?! :eek: Say it ain't so :p:D

When Barry sends his national security force to round up the guns from the "troublemakers," I wonder if they'll be wearing red coats:eek::D:p
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Red coats, brown shirts, blue helmets? So what? Tyranny by any other name would smell just like Pelosi.

Pops
  10. johnboat

johnboat New Member

OK all u not so gentle men lets see if i can explain this ,really its pretty much like an :eek: ,Um well I suppose i better stop there so as not to have anyone try to label me a "trouble maker" in most cases they are just:confused::confused::eek:;):(but mostly :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: well most of them really seem to beleive that they canjust "talk"it out with terrorist's ,wonder if they will still feel that way when a drug crazed criminal wants to harm them or their familys ???? oh ,ya ,they will be the first ones in line at the gun stores,and then set back and blame someone else for not doin enough , i mean it couldn't be that their supiorintelect and all that book learnin was capable of letting them down or anything ????? could it ????really? sad part is they have themselves convinced :eek:
  11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Oh, Pelosi coats...brown, green, and corn covered:eek::p:D
  12. OBrien

OBrien New Member

Steve don't take this the wrong way but how in hell do you expect Americans in general to remember back that far when so many people have forgotten what September 11 felt like? I understand were your coming from but we got people who think the world trade center was brought down by Americans so to go back a couple hundred years is really pushing it. The people of this country as a whole are just looking for something shiny to ohh and awe over and believe they will get an extra for nothing.
  13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

+1 Exactly hardballer and that proves the point of the thread. That's just one fact not being mentioned in text books. The colonists had the cajones to tell the Brits "not only no, but HELL no.
  14. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Not only is it not being mentioned, but the REASON why George III wanted those weapons taken is not being mentioned. He wanted those weapons taken so he could impose his will on the "troublemakers." The loyal followers of the crown would be allowed to keep their weapons, for a time. It's the same reason why Barry and his puppetmasters hate our guns so much. Because without them, they can impose their will upon us. Of course, most of Barry's loyal followers don't own guns because they have swollowed the anti-gun propaganda spewed forth from the omni-directional sludge pump.

Like the old saying goes, "Do you know the difference between a citizen and a subject? The citizen owns firearms while the subject does not." I am no one's subject.:mad::mad:

Well, there I go again. My name just went onto another watchlist:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  15. Steve1002

Steve1002 New Member

I especially like the quote of Thomas Paine.

But the last one by Thomas Jefferson is the best.

Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. - L. Neil Smith

Gun control? Its the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. I?m a bad guy; I?m always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and Ill pull the trigger. We'll see who wins. - Sammy The Bull Gravano, whose testimony convicted John Gotti.

Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith and Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed. - Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, President Black Police Caucus, Special Assistant to Washington, D.C. Police Chief

I am convinced that we can do to guns what we've done to drugs: create a multi-billion dollar underground market over which we have absolutely no control. - George L. Roman

They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? - Paul Harvey, 1994

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! - Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Gun registration is a gateway drug. - Mark Gilmore

Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority. Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation. Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. - Nazi Law (Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons), 1938

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest. -Mahatma Gandhi, in Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446

He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. - Luke 22:36 (King James Version)

Suppose the Second amendment said A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed. Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? - Robert Levy, Georgetown University Professor

We should not blame a gun itself for any crime or any acts of violence, any more than we can blame a pen for misspelling a word. - Senator Bennett (R-UT), Congressional Record, 5/16/68

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. - Thomas Paine (1737-1809), American Revolutionary, US Founding Father and Author

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President of the United States
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  16. Jimdo

Jimdo New Member

Lots o' good quotes to the poster above me.
  17. 45nut

45nut Active Member

+1,000,000,000
  18. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    You will know them, because they will be dressed all in BLACK!
  19. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    One of the first things I learned in public school was that when the bully came around to you, you weren't going to get out of a fight by talking. You could run, or you could fight! It didn't take me long to learn to fight! You just can not negotiate with someone who thinks he has power over you!