Some Guy on YouTube Sent Me This - Would Like to Hear Opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hogger129, Dec 10, 2011.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

The only thing I said was that while a Hi Point works, it's no 1911.
  2. Airdale

Airdale Member

Class warfare for gun owners???:crazy:
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

My opinion is, don't post comments on Youtube. :D
  4. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

I think he has a point, but I also think he overreacted some to your comment.
  5. Archie

Archie Member

The objector has a valid point. I knew too many gun owners who were perfectly willing to sell out handgunners if they could keep their deer rifles and double barreled shotguns. Others who collected Garands, Springfields and Mausers and felt there was no need for an 'ordinary person' to own anything looking like an M16. (AK 47s were unknown in the non-military west at the time. Good thing, there would have been strokes in some circles.)

Now, of course, deer rifles are sniper rifles and even double barreled shotguns with engraving are 'alley sweepers'. No one can keep their own liberty by selling out the liberty of another.

Whereas I would urge anyone purchasing a defensive weapon to get just a little better than they think they can afford, I am very much opposed to legislating against any product by price. That includes guns, cars and soft drinks.

"Gun Control" has always been about control over citizens. Largely racial in origin, the idea of banning 'cheap guns' in the minds of politicians made it harder for black people - typically viewed as earning less - to buy guns.

Hogger, it sounds like you - unintentionally - pushed this guy's button. It happens. Either contact him and see if you can straighten it out or forget it. But do one or the other or it will make you crazy.
  6. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

Yeah youtube comments are ridiculous. Can't watch anything firearm related without seeing a criticising comment, or something irrelevant like, "It's called a magazine, not a clip you @#%&(^$!!!!!!!!!!".
  7. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

I don't know if I'd call that irrelevant, exactly. It bugs the heck out of me, too. :p

It's as though someone said "gas tank" and pointed to the hood of their car. I couldn't help but wonder if they'd ever even seen under there.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

You mirror my mind Juker. ;)

Youtube is filled with blibbering libtards at the ready to go internet commando on yo ass at the first disagreement. They can be quite fun to mess with sometimes.. :)
  9. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Not knowing the tenor of prior discussion and not being familiar with Youboob - er, excuse me, tube - I'd still agree (being old enough to participate in that debate ), the poster has a very valid point !

The "antis" very cleverly manipulated the debate - biasing it against "cheap guns" , all the while extolling the virtues of our founding fathers, but ended up by writing/passing legislation destroying a lot of small import/mail order businesses selling affordable arms sans any evidence they materially contributed to the "crime problem"!

Back then, myself and others made the "two tier argument". I.e. a "gun you can afford is better than "no gun at all" (in defense of cheap arms for potential victims ), and "do you really want your assailant to have a good firearm that works ? " ( against proposed bans on cheap/affordable arms) potential perps would have access to. These are not contradictory positions !

Sorry you got your feelings hurt, but the net has some rough neighborhoods ! Doesn't mean their opinions/information are false ! The "History of Gun Control In America" is long and extremely interesting. The GCA of 1968 is just one of its chapters ! >MW
  10. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

In my day, all you need was a couple small pieces of wood, a thick rubber band and a short piece of copper tubing, and you were the proud owner of a Zip Gun. A .22cal that would shoot you as dead as any " tailor made " out there.

Donno if they're still being made or not.