Some of Ruffitt's collection

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Tag-a-long, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Tag-a-long

Tag-a-long New Member

Help. I am probably the dumbest when it comes to gun value, I can shoot
    and hurt but not on pricin. Anyone that can help me find out or where to go
    (isn't very often someone asks you to tell them where to go) I would greatly appreciate it. You were Ruffitt's best friends so I come to you. I can see if I can take a photo if necessary. They are in a friends gun vault up North, so it may take a little bit of time. Thanks and here I go. Tag-a-long

CZ 52 7.25 Semi-Automatic 8 shotBersa Semi-automatic 380 Thunder 380 11 shot
    Llama Semi Automatic Minimax .38 7 shot
    Phoenix Arms Semi-Automatic .25 HP-25 10 shot
    NAA Revolver .22 NAA-22MC 5 shot
    FMJ Derringer .45 DD
    Interarms .45 7 shot Semi Automatic M45 Firestar
    AMT Semi-automatic .22 Auto Mag II 6 shot
    Tanfoglio Semi-Automatic .45 Witness 10 +1
    Colt Semi-Automatic .38 Commander 70SC 9 shot
    Dan Wesson .357 Pistol Pak 6 shot 2", 4", 6", 8" with packmar & wood handles to interchange.
    Coonan Arms Semi Automatic .357 Model B Stainless Steel 7 shot

:)
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Hey Tag!

Sure is good to see ol' Ruffits little icon again.

Sorry I'm not "up" on any prices on any of the firearms mentioned, but I am courious, if you mean to sell them?

I know there are many here who would make an offer, just because of who it belonged to.

Love you!

~Crpdeth
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Tag! Good to hear from you. I don't have prices, but I'm sure the value of those is higher here, just because of to whom they belonged.

Don't be a stranger, now. We all welcome you and would like to hear from you.

Pops
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Hi Tag, good to see your name. Hope you are doing well.

Anyway.
    Keep in mind that these prices come from a book. Different parts of the country, as well as other factors can change the price, up or down. Since the book was published, prices could have changed too. As CG will tell you. The first price given is if it is LIKE NEW and 100%, the second is 98%, the third is 95%. Do you know how to grade a gun? Not that many are above the 95%, though some are. Most are less, and in being so, will bring less. Also keep in mind that there are models that can vary in price depending on if they have adjustable sites, checkered grips, among other factors.

You can get an idea of what a certain gun has been going for by going to the GunBroker or Auction Arms, auction sites online, and doing a search on any given model. These will still be just estimates, but it will show you what someone was willing to pay recently.

CZ 52 7.25 Semi-Automatic 8 shot = 180-150-135
    Bersa Semi-automatic 380 Thunder 380 11 (10?) shot = 265-210-165
    Llama Semi Automatic Minimax .38 (.38?) 7 shot = 300-255-220
    Phoenix Arms Semi-Automatic .25 HP-25 10 shot = 495-450-400
    NAA Revolver .22 NAA-22MC 5 shot = 200-170-120
    FMJ Derringer .45 DD = ? No info
    Interarms .45 7 shot Semi Automatic M45 Firestar = Not listed.
    AMT Semi-automatic .22 Auto Mag II 6 shot = 345-255-200
    Tanfoglio Semi-Automatic .45 Witness 10 +1 = Does it have, K.B.I. Or E.A.A.C. on it?
    Colt Semi-Automatic .38 Commander 70SC 9 shot = Need more info

Dan Wesson .357 Pistol Pak 6 shot 2", 4", 6", 8" with packmar & wood handles to interchange. = If it is still in the box, with all parts, at the right price, I want it. Oops = Need info, Model 14 or 15? Adjustable sites or no?

Coonan Arms Semi Automatic .357 Model B Stainless Steel 7 shot = 685-535-425

Hope this helps.
  5. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Hello, here, Tag-a-Long!

As most know, I am not a big fan of the various pricing guides as far as determining value. They are a good reference, but the best idea of what a gun is valued at is determining what they actually sell for.

So here we go.

CZ 52 7.25 Semi-Automatic 8 shot
    These are being sold "new" as-imported for $129-$140 pretty regularly. If yours is as-new, it would still bring very close to that.

Bersa Semi-automatic 380 Thunder 380 11 shot
    Being sold new for around $200. Figure $150-$170 on used/excellent.

Llama Semi Automatic Minimax .38 7 shot
    Dont often see the .38 Super. .45ACP and .40SW versions are selling for less than $200, although folks ask much more. The Super might bring $225-$250 to a motivated buyer.

Phoenix Arms Semi-Automatic .25 HP-25 10 shot
    These have been offered new-in-box at $119.95 without any bidders, recently.

NAA Revolver .22 NAA-22MC 5 shot
    Realistic used value $125-$150.

FMJ Derringer .45 DD
    These are really cheap, some are sold in kit form. Resale considerably less than $100.

Interarms .45 7 shot Semi Automatic M45 Firestar
    Used/very nice, around $200.

AMT Semi-automatic .22 Auto Mag II 6 shot
    These are actually selling well in the $350-$400 range. Original box, etc, a BIG plus.

Tanfoglio Semi-Automatic .45 Witness 10 +1
    Finish makes a slight difference. Selling in the $225-$275 range, but a tough sell at that price.

Colt Semi-Automatic .38 Commander 70SC 9 shot
    Assuming factory original, excellent condition, $600 +. Very touchy market, add-ons can detract pricing considerably.

Dan Wesson .357 Pistol Pak 6 shot 2", 4", 6", 8" with packmar & wood handles to interchange.
    Should bring $700, but finding the buyer is the hard part. Folks either love DW or hate DW.

Coonan Arms Semi Automatic .357 Model B Stainless Steel 7 shot
    The A Model brings considerably more, but Coonan B's are selling at $650-$700.
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Yup, The book ain’t even worth looking at.

95% “book” price vs. CG’s price.
    CZ - book 135, his 129-140
    Bersa - book 165, his 150-170
    Llama - book 220, his 225-250
    NAA - book 120, his 125-150
    WOW, Who would-a thunk it?

Other prices seem to be quite a bit different.
    Maybe so, maybe not.

Dan Wesson PP M-15,
    One on GB sold for $510.
  7. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Actually, my prices would compare to the middle column of your list. 95% (or less) would bring less.

Generally, Fjestad's "Blue Book" runs high on current production guns or recently out-of-production guns. It also runs low on many collector pieces.

When I ran the gunshow circuit, I used to love seeing people come up with their book in hand. I kept a "Blue Book" on hand to show how my prices were just a little lower than 'book,' but I kept a "Williams Price Guide" on hand for folks that wanted to sell me stuff. The Williams guide ran about 20-25% below wholesale...

Bottom line is that anything, whether guns, jewelry or cars, is only worth what the market will bear. ANY prospective seller should research the actual marketplace before selling (or buying). The books are a great starting spot, but relying on them will get you burned.

For instance, I would happily sell you as many Phoenix HP25's as I can get my hands on for 85% of your quoted value...
  8. Tag-a-long

Tag-a-long New Member

Thank you everyone for your help. I did error on the Coonan. It is a
    Compact (Cadet) SN C2xxx with a 3.9 barrel, Fixed adj for windage only.
    Our oldest son came over and corrected me.
    Does this make any difference on the value you all gave me earlier?
    I too loved seeing Ruffits' logo and I have no clue how it got there. I
    did not do anything but type and use my own log on!!

Tag-a-long
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Tag-a-long, we love seeing it again. Please leave it there. We loved him dearly. I would be interested in the AMT if it is the 6" barrel model.
  10. Tag-a-long

Tag-a-long New Member

The AMT Auto-Mag II has the shorter barrel but is still in the box with all of the paperwork.

Take Care All.

Tag-A-Long