1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Some people you can never figure out....

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 8, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

K75RT
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/27/02 2:16:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Some people you can never figure out....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recently, I saw a posting for a WTT/WTB a STEN barrel on another forum. I contacted the individual who was looking for a barrel and asked what he had for trade or sale for a threaded STEN barrel. He said he was looking for a blaster barrel nothing too good.....we worked out a trade, a STEN T-Stock and a C&R .22 missing the bolt; I was to pay the shipping on the T-stock and the 22. The STEN barrel was threaded for a suppressor using a 1/2"X28TPI thread. I carefully wrapped the barrel in oiled paper and bubblewrap; I sent the barrel, money order and a signed copy of the C&R to the individual via Priority Mail for quick shipping. I was out shopping on the 23rd and did not check emails. When I checked emails I was surprised to be greated by an email that "the barrel is unacceptable as it is too short and the threading made the barrel too thin" he told me he tried to call me by phone but couldn't as my # is unlisted and I could either take just the T-stock but not the .22 or I could take the barrel back. I don't do business in a dishonest manner and felt insulted that this guy backed out on his end, my decision was easy I said I was sorry that the barrel was not up to his liking that I'd take the barrel back and he'd be out nothing as I was only in it for my time and shipping. He then went back to his earlier deal and said that he'd honor the original offering and added that he felt I was trying to take advantage of him. I then sent an email insisting that he send the barrel back as I was sick of his insinuations. I received a short email that the barrel, money order and C&R were mailed..... I honestly believe no good deed goes unpunished, I hope the barrel is returned as I sent it, and I hope my money order wasn't cashed and used to ship My barrel back to me! If anything is not right I will give this persons name and email so none of you good folks get abused as he tried with me. This guy is a serious winer as he wrote in his email that he was insulted that I called him to verify a shipping address prior to me shipping a C&R and the barrel to him. Again I hope my barrel is in the condition that I sent it in. Sorry for the long post.
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/27/02 9:59:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Some people you can never figure out....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like one to stay away from.
    Don't blame yourself or anyone else for your mistakes or the downfalls of the USA. BLAME PRESIDENT BUSH.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/27/02 11:11:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Keep us updated if you will!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

K75RT
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/28/02 11:46:07 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Some people you can never figure out....
    I received the barrel yesterday afternoon. This barrel was sent out in perfect condition with no marks and a fresh matte oxide finish. When I opened the box the barrel was obviously used as there are marks on the barrel and there are three scratches to the previously polished feed cone on the barrel. This can only be accomplished by using it in the gun and as it shoots from an open bolt when the last round fires the extractor can put a mark on the feedcone. There are a couple of deeper scratches on the exterior of the barrel, kinda looks like it was mishandled on purpose. I got my C&R and my money order back, this cheapskate must know someone at the post office because he took actual possession of the barrel and it was returned with no extra postage and the words "refused" on it. This person should be avoided like the plague. He uses the name lpcullen, if anyone needs more info please send me an IM.
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

Edited by: K75RT at: 12/28/02 12:02:14 pm

MTaylor
    (12/28/02 2:36:28 pm)

Quote:
    this cheapskate must know someone at the post office because he took actual possession of the barrel and it was returned with no extra postage and the words "refused" on it.

Sounds like mail fraud to me. If you really had a mind to....

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/28/02 3:16:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Sounds to me from what I'm reading so far, that
    the U.S. Postal Inspectors/Police would be interested
    in investigating his local Post Office personel also!

I don't think they would look too kindly on this situation
    for several reasons.

Tac

TFF VMBB Email Tac

K75RT
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/28/02 4:06:40 pm)
    Tac401, thanks for the advise, I went to the USPS site and filed a complaint with the Postal Inspector. I just don't think it is right that I sent a barrel to a guy that was in excellent condition when it was shipped by me. He changes the rules and the deal and I back out, as anyone else would have, I receive my barrel that is used and has scratches. I think the Inspectors may have an issue as to how something can be delivered and then sent out as refused once the package was opened and the contents used. Thanks again.