Some say I'm negative but I really hate when my generalizations are proven correct...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Aug 31, 2012.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'm one of those folks that doesn't park near ANYONE if I can avoid doing so. I've even kept my 1993 Mustang with zero door dents. I can walk and it's not going to hurt me to do so. My opinion is that most people are careless idiots and have zero respect for others' property and so I mitigate my risk by parking away from everyone. I broke my rule yesterday... :eek:

I went to a class for work on Tuesday and Thursday. The instructions asked us to park in their parking garage. Well, the first day the private gate was wide open and so I parked further up in the garage, away from everyone. Thursday however, the gate was down and only the courier lot was open. Everyone else from the class parked there too. I parked there against my better judgement and almost asked several times to have the gate opened for the upper levels. Well, I didn't. :tapfoot:

When I came out I discovered that not one but two inconsiderate buttholes had slammed open their door into my F150. Some ask why I park away from everyone and this is why! I broke my rule just once and all the generalizations that I have about inconsiderate people are proven correct. I swear, I hate being right sometimes. :banghead:

[/rant]
  2. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

Re: Some say I'm negative but I really hate when my generalizations are proven correc

you're completely right ponycar... people have no respect for anything that anyone else has. I also believe that some people go out of their way to do something like that just because you have a nicer car than them!
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Re: Some say I'm negative but I really hate when my generalizations are proven correc

I am the same way. My wife will park any place and she gets nailed all the time. I hate when she drives my truck....
  4. Airdale

Airdale Member

One of my Gripes too. Usually I'll park out in the boonies and almost, without fail, someone has parked next to me when I return.....go figger.
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I tend to do this also -
    But I have to relate a story about a buddy of mine at the steel mill in IL.
    He was injured at work, and got a cash settlement for a bad back.
    He bought a killer CB rig (that was the craze then)
    And he bought a beautiful new Cad.
    We worked third shift, and the lot would be almost empty when we arrived - but he parked that Cad WAY out in the middle of the lot, far from anyone, to keep it pristine.

One night a semi was making a delivery and got on the wrong road at the mill.
    Seeing this nice big empty parking lot, he used it for a turn around -
    And backed his rig into that Cad.
    It was a total loss.

We do our best - and sometimes that is just not good enough, it seems.
  6. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I always hear it from my wife and sons, because I park as far away as I can. A. Because I drive a Silverado crew cab long bed and always back in to parking spots and B. Because I don't want some rude inconsiderate A**hole to ding up my truck, so I know how you feel. Sorry to hear about that.
  7. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

I agree alot of people have zero respect for others property.

20 some years ago my father got his first brand new vehicle, a conversion van, all decked out. He was so proud of that thing he asked the wife and I if we'd like to go out to eat one night, he'd drive.

After dinner my wife wanted to stop by the local supermarket real fast to grab something so he stopped. We sat out in the van talking about it and looking over all the doodads when some woman in a buick parked next to him, opened their door right into his passanger side door. The woman got out of her car, looked at the door of the van and continued about her buisness without saying a word!

My old man was speechless, didn't say a word. I could see it brewing! After she made it inside the store dad got out of the van very calmly and kicked the largest crater in the side of her car i'd ever seen. He got back in the van and said he feels much better. this was before all the video cameras were installed everywhere, good thing!
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Had the same thing happen many times, and my cars are usually old bangers!!! Go figure.

I saw where my boss had parked in a grocery store lot...he covered 4 parking bays, as far as possible from anyone else. And I see now why people park across two parking spaces at times.
  9. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

I'm in shock....... I don't know what to say,........ YOU LET YOUR WIFE DRIVE YOUR TRUCK ! ? ? !
  10. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I know. Very foolish on my part...:mad:
  11. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

My wife has a general trust in people too. When she got her new '07 Camry in May of '06 it had a dent in the door within two weeks. We got that fixed. When she got the new '12 Explorer 4WD in November it had a massive dent in the rear door by December. She had not come around to my all-too-cynical but realistic analysis of people. We had that one fixed with paintless dent removal.

As of late, a big dent showed up on the top side of her driver's door. I said, "that would take a monster truck to make that kind of dent that high." She said that she never parks near anyone. Obviously, I'm an idiot, right?.. OK, so I finally saw her opening her driver's door beside my truck in a parking lot. The dent matched up perfectly with my passenger side mirror. She had opened her door on a truck's mirror that she parked directly beside... But yeah, I'm stupid about these things obviously?... :rolleyes:

Just one time... It won't hurt anything. Yeah, right... :rolleyes:
  12. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 New Member

Yep thats the way it works. One of the most inconsiderate things I hate is parkin lots in gereral they don't have parkin spots just really close lines. People hate me cuz I always take two in my truck. Yeah it turns sharp but not that sharp. I also tend to park further out fer the reason I will want to be able to get in my vehicle when I leave and if I park close the idoits in the next "lane" will be to close fer use to get in the van or truck.
  13. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

I sure no the feeling. The real problem, like what happened to yoou is when the lot is full. When this happens I generaly pay attention to the cars that I park next to. Park beside a nice looking car that is well cared for, and always avoid parking by the old clunkers.
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Yeah, I was one of the first there. That's the problem. Obviously two dip*#its had parked beside me since when I left that morning. One of them, a black Tahoe was still there. The door mark matched perfectly with theirs. You just can't do anything about this crap. I need to start carrying a spool of string and a ball peen hammer. If the door swing matches up with the damage, let them know that you found it... ;)
  15. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Potato up their exhaust pipe?
  16. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we

This subject used to be one of my pet peves! No matter where I parked my new car, some fool would find a way to bang his door into the side of my car, and it didn't matter where I parked it! I finally came to the conclusion that it was an act of God. No this fault, but he did allow stupid people to mate! And there is nothing I can do about it! Try this one, I'm sitting at a red light in traffic, and I feel my truck move, not a bang, or crunch, just a wiggle. Then it did it again! I strat looking around, and discover that an old gentelman was trying to get out of a parking lot, and had his bumper up againt my fender, and couldn't figure out why his truck wouldn't move when he pressed the gas. Cops wouldn't write it up because it was under $300 damage according to them, but the old guy did fix the damage to my truck.
  17. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I have learned over the years that if you like it you cant drive it.

Every vehicle i have liked has ended up crushed or became a total pos.

The last truck i bought i didn't even know what color it was going to be.

I dont care anymore. Your daily driver is a sacrafice unit.

The vehicles you like must stay in the garage, period. After they are 25 years old get antique insurance on it for a real good amount above what it is worth and only drive it once a month to a cruise night and get you a meal while your out with friends. The only way to keep it nice.

This baby is 25 years old now maybe 26, with 27K original miles and lives in the garage away from the sun and all the aholes out in the world. Never been in a parking lot of a wally world or such.

Another thing too. When you have a vehicle that you drive every day and looks like heck it will run till the doors fall off. You just cant get rid of that abused thing. In fact I never wash my truck. It is dark gray and screw it.

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  18. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

PC, Be happy they didn't run into it - repeatedly ! My son watched from his ambulance as a SUV driver ran over the front end of one of those two-seater Mercedes several times trying to park next to it ! ( BTW, this happened in a hospital parking garage, and yes the SUV did have a MD medallion. )

I've decided my next DD is going to be an old F-250. Gonna surround that sucker with 4" dia steel pipe belt daubed with every color car paint I can scrounge! >MW
  19. ozo

ozo Active Member

He didn't...tell me he didn't......joke, right?
    gvw.....you're foolin'.....
  20. ozo

ozo Active Member

One thing I think we are overlooking.......
    no matter what the other person drives....crap
    or a Lexus......
    If they have no regard for their own stuff.....
    they damn sure have none for ours !