Some say I'm negative but I really hate when my generalizations are proven correct...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Aug 31, 2012.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Re: Some say I'm negative but I really hate when my generalizations are proven correc

This subject used to be one of my pet peves! No matter where I parked my new car, some fool would find a way to bang his door into the side of my car, and it didn't matter where I parked it! I finally came to the conclusion that it was an act of God. No this fault, but he did allow stupid people to mate! And there is nothing I can do about it! Try this one, I'm sitting at a red light in traffic, and I feel my truck move, not a bang, or crunch, just a wiggle. Then it did it again! I strat looking around, and discover that an old gentelman was trying to get out of a parking lot, and had his bumper up againt my fender, and couldn't figure out why his truck wouldn't move when he pressed the gas. Cops wouldn't write it up because it was under $300 damage according to them, but the old guy did fix the damage to my truck.
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Re: Some say I'm negative but I really hate when my generalizations are proven correc

I have learned over the years that if you like it you cant drive it.

Every vehicle i have liked has ended up crushed or became a total pos.

The last truck i bought i didn't even know what color it was going to be.

I dont care anymore. Your daily driver is a sacrafice unit.

The vehicles you like must stay in the garage, period. After they are 25 years old get antique insurance on it for a real good amount above what it is worth and only drive it once a month to a cruise night and get you a meal while your out with friends. The only way to keep it nice.

This baby is 25 years old now maybe 26, with 27K original miles and lives in the garage away from the sun and all the aholes out in the world. Never been in a parking lot of a wally world or such.

Another thing too. When you have a vehicle that you drive every day and looks like heck it will run till the doors fall off. You just cant get rid of that abused thing. In fact I never wash my truck. It is dark gray and screw it.

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  3. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

PC, Be happy they didn't run into it - repeatedly ! My son watched from his ambulance as a SUV driver ran over the front end of one of those two-seater Mercedes several times trying to park next to it ! ( BTW, this happened in a hospital parking garage, and yes the SUV did have a MD medallion. )

I've decided my next DD is going to be an old F-250. Gonna surround that sucker with 4" dia steel pipe belt daubed with every color car paint I can scrounge! >MW
  4. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

He didn't...tell me he didn't......joke, right?
    gvw.....you're foolin'.....
  5. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

One thing I think we are overlooking.......
    no matter what the other person drives....crap
    or a Lexus......
    If they have no regard for their own stuff.....
    they damn sure have none for ours !
  6. cutter

cutter New Member

I am glad I am not alone in how I park or think!! I catch sh$t from my family for the way I park. It just really pi$$es me off when someone parks close to me. I prefer to walk father than park next to other vehicles. My 1 ton with a flat bed doesn't get dings because the bed is too wide.
  7. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Well go figure, I had the same problem with my 2007 Tahoe. These people are worthless scumbags
  8. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Well my first new car was a 1977 VW Scirocco, a real rocket for a stock car. The VW was 2 days old, I had taken my Mom to the Grocery Store in Marin County Calif., Droped her at the front door then parked way out in the lot, sitting ther reading the owner's manual. Next thing I hear is a Mercedes pull up and the lady driver gets out and clobbbers my passenger door with her door. Then she heads for the store. I get out and call her back to the car, and point out the ding to her. She tells me that you have to expect these thing and turns around and heads back to the store. WELL I had on my work boots with steel toes... Need less to say her door window would not roll down any more. You have to expect these kind of things.....
  9. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

Being an Off Roader I don't care about dents ...too much. Do have a few more cars too. I drive them all. I got rid of 3 cars this year I had in my collection cause i never had time to drive them.

[​IMG]

Got my 84 Ram mild street rod. It was fun to build. I do baby this one...
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. cutter

cutter New Member

My kind of guy!!!! If they don't care neither do I.
  11. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

You can't have anything nice. People don't care and most are too stupid to park correctly. Another huge problem is people want to drive Kenworths and Peterbuilts everywhere. They want the biggest, longest truck/SUV they can get then drive and park it like its a little car.

Parking spots are not made for Kenworths, so when you try to park one, you must have an IQ over 60 to understand that it must be centered and it will be a tight fit. This also means that your door will smack the vehicle next to you, so control it accordingly.

I have accepted the fact that alot of people are self-centered neanderthals with a need to compensate and the sides of my vehicles will suffer anytime I allow them to get near me. It's just the way it is.
  12. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

When the wife and I travel, which is about 4-5 months out of the year, we pull a fifth-wheel RV with a 1-ton,dual wheeled, crew-cab diesel truck. Needless to say, it then becomes our daily driver after parking the 5'iver. We tired of people crowding us into the narrow spaces, sometimes unable to get in or out of our truck and other times unable to get out of the space. Now we park way out and take four spaces. In a pinch we use our handicapped sticker which my wife hates to use even though she has heart problems and I have severe osteoarthritis.
  13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I heard from a coworker that handicap tag holders have this inside feud going on. He said that he believed other handicap tag holders would key or otherwise damage cars of permit holders who had all the qualifications for the tag but didn't have an outward disability that required a wheelchair or other assistance. I had never heard of this before but I can completely believe it. His wife has a tag for acute asthma symptoms and she has seen odd retaliation type behavior on her car, she believes because she has no outward disability to others.

Have you observed this too?
  14. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one - the day to day vehicle is a sacrifice unit. I never was our truck either. Wife has to drive it all the time also. Granted, we live out in the middle of nowhere so it doesn't get too many opportunities for new dings, but it was used when we bought it and a a few tiny ones here and there anyway. We only have the one vehicle so, until we get another one there won't be a pristine car in our garage - and when that does happen it will be a replacement for my CJ7 Jeep that I had to sell for us to move here from half way around the world!