Somebody check the electromagnetic fields around the Earth...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Because last month a couple planes went down one couldn't make it back and had to make a landing in the Hudson, another made it back to an airport. This month another plane went down and didn't make it and now two subs collided ( http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,493545,00.html ).

Reminds me about the movie, The Core, where a group of scientist and space pilots had to go to the core to restart it with nukes because of a botched military experiment. Without the proper core rotation the electromagnetic field around the Earth wouldn't work right and birds ran into everything and weird environmental anomalies affected the entire planet.
  2. thakidc

thakidc New Member

What will B.H.O. do to prevent this I wonder?
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

About the two subs, one was British and the other French. Clearly unsure on which side to pass one another.
  4. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

This really is quite terrifying...

When did the French get submarines?
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Very good, but dont worry. I doubt they know how to use them. :)

Actually I dont think the French ever forgave the Royal Navy for destroying their fleet at the start of WW2.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
  6. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

and now two subs collided

Really? I havn't heard of this.....when? Where? who?
  7. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

LOL
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2240543.ece

BRITISH and French nuclear submarines which collided deep under the Atlantic could have sunk or released deadly radioactivity, it emerged last night.
    The Royal Navy’s HMS Vanguard and the French Navy’s Le Triomphant are both nuclear powered and were carrying nuke missiles.

Between them they had around 250 sailors on board.

Calls have today been made for an urgent inquiry in to the international incident.

A senior Navy source said: “The potential consequences are unthinkable. It’s very unlikely there would have been a nuclear explosion.

“But a radioactive leak was a possibility. Worse, we could have lost the crew and warheads. That would have been a national disaster.”

The collision is believed to have taken place on February 3 or 4, in mid-Atlantic. Both subs were submerged and on separate missions.

As inquiries began, naval sources said it was a millions-to-one unlucky chance both subs were in the same patch of sea. Warships have sonar gear which locates submarines by sound waves.

But modern anti-sonar technology is so good it is possible neither boat “saw” the other.

A senior military source said: “The lines between London and Paris have been hot.”

The MoD insisted last night there had been no nuclear security breach. But this is the biggest embarrassment to the Navy since Iran captured 15 sailors in 2007. The naval source said: “Crashing a nuclear submarine is as serious as it gets.”

Vanguard is one of Britain’s four V-Class subs forming our Trident nuclear deterrent. Each is armed with 16 ballistic missiles.

She was last night towed into Faslane in Scotland, with dents and scrapes visible on her hull. Triomphant limped to Brest with extensive damage to her sonar dome.

Triomphant has a crew of 101. Vanguard weighs 16,000 tons, is 150 metres long and has a crew of 140.

The MoD said it did not comment on submarine operations.

Art
  9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Apparently a sonar triggered collision warning did sound on the French sub. The crew were at lunch, but within forty minutes rushed to take evasive action.

Too late as it turned out, dessert was served cold later.
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Go on vacation or read some books for poor public school students I'd imagine... :(
  11. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Recent image of the French Sub...

Attached Files:

12. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I thought they would have at least had more respect for their national flag than that! :D :D :D
  13. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Ha Ha you guys are so very funny. This sounds like a problem that should be turned over to Al Gore. Please Mr. President Obama make Al Gore head of environmental security so he can re-polarize the worlds magents.
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's not so far-fetched... The Democrat party is notorious for re-polarizing the world's idiots whenever a new crisis comes along. Maybe it works for magnets too?... ;)
  15. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Ever since they launched that newly designed super dual duty carrier / battleship.

Pops
  16. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The one where they mounted the flight deck in the hold. So as to not ruin the view.

Pops
  17. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Reminds me of the story my Uncle told me of the oil cans he sailed on during WWII in the Pacific. They mounted a 5 inch rifle on the port side, directly in front of the port side mounted bridge. With 360 degree sweep. :eek:

Pops
  18. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

French submarines are probably about as effective as the Maginot(unsure of spelling) Line
  19. durk

durk New Member

:D:D:D:D
  20. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I don't know...but they probably named it the "Clit*ritis"... :eek::D:D

mike
    gn
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009