The Firearms Forum banner

Somebody just stole an M38 on AA

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NuclearMeltdown 
#1 ·
# 7155629

$54 plus $20 S/H Crap, and it looks like a correct stock too!

You can't get them anywhere anymore with a CRFFL less than $89.99, so even though it looks like the guy kept the ammo pouch, sling and cleaning kit, it still would have been a deal.

I had it on my watch list, but didn't bid since I just bought my 1941 last week, crap again, with the January Indy 1500 coming up, I'd have had something to trade or sell, you can sell them like hotcakes off your back for $100, I should have bid...

Oh well. :(

#2 ·
Heck, I paid $79.95 OTD on an M38 in the correct stock at a gunstore a couple months ago...ex.cond...bore about 90%...they can be found...came with sling and accessories.

Shellac was flaking off so I stripped it with alcohol...stained it with Minwax Red Mahogany...gave it 3 coats of Minwax Tung Oil finish...BEAUTY! :cool:

#3 ·
Yeah, $79.99 OTD for a correct stock is a heckuva price, the guy probably bought them when the dealers had them for $69.99. I think the cheapest they ever got at AIM or SOG was $59.99 for a couple of weeks, but that was shortly after the refurbed ones hit the market, maybe 2-3 years ago.

But now you can't touch them for less than $89.99 dealer price anywhere, and they all have 44 stocks now.

I had a 43 once in a transition 44 stock (scallops but no groove) that I wish I still had, but all the other corrects I had were 1942. This 41 I bought last week is the first one I've seen. Same deal, shiny bore, correct with accessories, but it was $99.95 in a shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.