Something New/Something Old...Don't ya just love a "Fad

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (6/26/01 11:01:53 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Something New/Something Old...Don't ya just love a "Fad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Being the History/CR nut, I kinda enjoyed the story in the June 20 SGN....

How the "Hot" load nowadays for cops, and self-defense, the .40 S&W (AKA the 10mm"Short") is ballistically IDENTICAL to the old .38-40 BP cartridge from similar handgun barrel lengths...and nobody SERIOUSLY carried a revolver in that chambering if a .44-40 or .45 Colt was available back then....

There truly IS "nothing new under the sun...."

I didn't know the .38 was actually a .40 cal with 38 grains BP, so it SHOULD have been called the .40-38!

That's what I'm going to call the .40S&W from now on to see if I get a rise.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/26/01 7:01:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Something New/Something Old...Don't ya just love a "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sold my Duty Weapon when I left the last department
    I was with (wich was a 40), .45acp RULES!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

polishshooter
    (6/27/01 12:55:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Something New/Something Old...Don't ya just love a "
    Yeah, I think I have to go with the "newer" round myself. LOL

Something about a Glock in .38-40 doesn't seem to grab me...

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/29/01 8:42:22 pm)
    Yep, I`m a slave to fashion and fad`s, blue jeans, hightop tennies, t-shirt, and that new fangled .45acp in steel of course. I`m developing a 14mm handgun round.............it`al do more than all of them....fires a 310gr FMJ @ 3245fps....915lbs energy....sub 1" groups at 250yards....ya just have to be able to hold it, when ya squeeze the trigger....it`s alittle sharp in recoil.............

weaver302
    (3/14/02 9:53:26 pm)
    speaking of old meets new..I have been thinking about a Glock 17/19/26 in 7.62x25 Tokerav

Rich in Lincoln
    (4/5/02 7:12:36 pm)
    Ya know how a .40 s&w is a short 10mm and a .357 sig is a .40 necked down to 9mm. Why hasn’t anybody necked down a 10mm to 9mm and called it “The .357 Sig Maximum"!?! All you would need is a new barrel in a stout 10mm pistol. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now.

Anything similar in an auto that has already been done?

-Rich

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/5/02 10:25:28 pm)
    You want a joy, shoot a 45 super! Yaaahoo!