1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Something New/Something Old...Don't ya just love a "Fad

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (6/26/01 11:01:53 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Something New/Something Old...Don't ya just love a "Fad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Being the History/CR nut, I kinda enjoyed the story in the June 20 SGN....

How the "Hot" load nowadays for cops, and self-defense, the .40 S&W (AKA the 10mm"Short") is ballistically IDENTICAL to the old .38-40 BP cartridge from similar handgun barrel lengths...and nobody SERIOUSLY carried a revolver in that chambering if a .44-40 or .45 Colt was available back then....

There truly IS "nothing new under the sun...."

I didn't know the .38 was actually a .40 cal with 38 grains BP, so it SHOULD have been called the .40-38!

That's what I'm going to call the .40S&W from now on to see if I get a rise.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/26/01 7:01:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Something New/Something Old...Don't ya just love a "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sold my Duty Weapon when I left the last department
    I was with (wich was a 40), .45acp RULES!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

polishshooter
    (6/27/01 12:55:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Something New/Something Old...Don't ya just love a "
    Yeah, I think I have to go with the "newer" round myself. LOL

Something about a Glock in .38-40 doesn't seem to grab me...

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/29/01 8:42:22 pm)
    Yep, I`m a slave to fashion and fad`s, blue jeans, hightop tennies, t-shirt, and that new fangled .45acp in steel of course. I`m developing a 14mm handgun round.............it`al do more than all of them....fires a 310gr FMJ @ 3245fps....915lbs energy....sub 1" groups at 250yards....ya just have to be able to hold it, when ya squeeze the trigger....it`s alittle sharp in recoil.............

weaver302
    (3/14/02 9:53:26 pm)
    speaking of old meets new..I have been thinking about a Glock 17/19/26 in 7.62x25 Tokerav

Rich in Lincoln
    (4/5/02 7:12:36 pm)
    Ya know how a .40 s&w is a short 10mm and a .357 sig is a .40 necked down to 9mm. Why hasn’t anybody necked down a 10mm to 9mm and called it “The .357 Sig Maximum"!?! All you would need is a new barrel in a stout 10mm pistol. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now.

Anything similar in an auto that has already been done?

-Rich

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/5/02 10:25:28 pm)
    You want a joy, shoot a 45 super! Yaaahoo!