Something to consider.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Iron Eagle, Jul 23, 2012.

1. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

+1
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The laws of God. God gave us the right to defend ourselves, and no politician will ever take it away. I can give it away, but it can't be taken from me!
  3. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

Here in Texas I can sell my guns to any Texan who showed a valid TDL, no paperwork or registrations. If they come for my guns I done sold 'em.
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 New Member

Same in Ohio, called a straw purchase ;).
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It's that way everywhere (I think). The problem is we have this group of cowboys called the BATF you'll have to answer to if a gun you sell, at some point ends up involved in a crime and you were the last registered purchaser. In that case they are going to want to know who you sold it to and when.

I don't know how much they can do legally if you can't provide the buyers i.d., but from personal experience they can be intimidating. Now, if they have that authority under those circumstances why would it be any different when they come for your guns?

People we are going to lose this battle if we don't have a way to unite, organize, and coordinate our resistance to firearms confiscation. As individuals we are easy prey for a SWAT team or the BATF. They will take our guns from one individual at a time and no matter what you say now, if it comes to that, very few of us would have the courage to fight it out. If we stand united, we encourage and strengthen each other, and in so doing give authorities pause to reconsider what they are attempting to do.

But see, there's the rub. How do we get gun owners all across the country to draw the line in the sand? How do we organize so that any action we might take is coordinated for maximum effect and our mutual protection?

First of all, we need to somehow establish a means of communication. Then we need to establish a consensus of what action we would deem intolerable. We have already allowed our second amendment rights to be infringed by government restrictions on certain types and categories of weapons, and we did nothing. Backtracking and taking a stand is difficult to say the least. We need to stop them before they begin enforcement of any new laws, regulations, or treaties.

So what will cause you all to say "enough is enough"? Will you refuse to accept a federal law banning all semi automatic firearms, or putting limitations on magazine capacity, for example, as has already been done in cities and states across the country, or are you content to just let it happen and bitch about it on an internet forum?

We need to be dealing with these issues, or else just accept that the U.S. constitution, particularly the second amendment is a thing of the past. We already have Obama, expanding on Bush's use of executive orders, proclaiming his authority to suspend the constitution and assume dictatorial powers. That in itself should have been sufficient to raise a ruckus across the nation. But no, we sit here and grumble and speculate about the future.

So, where is the line in the sand?
  6. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

They can try. I gess i will become a criminal then.:(
    Becouse under no sercumstances. will i give up my 2nd ameandment rights. By giving up or serendering, my firearms.to anyone. :mad:
    PERIOD!
  7. firefighter1635

You are spot on, very valid points.
  8. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

That had been discussed and argued on forums but it came down to this:

It's not a damn thing they can do about it because it was legal and they can't bother me over it.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the discussions were over the bill of sales. It was not required.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  9. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie New Member

I only Hope we can get a Change before its too late
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

You are confused.

A "straw purchase" or a "straw-man purchase" is when someone who can legally buy a gun buys one for someone who cannot legally buy a gun.

If I have a criminal record, and can't own a gun, so I get you to buy one for me, that's a straw purchase.

If I'm 18, and can't buy a pistol, so get you to buy it for me, that's a straw purchase.

If I'm visiting Ohio from Florida, and want to buy a pistol but since I'm not an Ohio resident I can't, so I get you to buy it for me, that's a straw purchase.

If a guy that can legally own a gun walks up to you and says, "That's a cool gun you got there. Wanna sell it?", and you sell it to him, that's just "selling a gun".

Straw purchases are illegal, and get you lots of time in the Federal lockup.
  11. firefighter1635

I'm sorry, after ferther research of terms you are correct.
  12. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

They will never take away our guns, because they don't have too.
    All they have to do is to restrict ammo and ammo supplies, and they will have some gun control. Think about it.

Then the bad guys won't have any ammo either.
  13. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

Except for those who have some in stock. I'm trying to build my stock of 40sw but I can't buy much. better than none though.
  14. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think the fight will be on asaualt weapons and large cap mags. I think they will be going after them after the election.
  15. outburst402

outburst402 New Member

Here is how they take away guns.

First, they use a crisis to pass laws banning semi-auto firearms. Then they give a time period for people to voluntarily turn them in. They remind you of stiff fines and harsh prison terms if you don't comply.

Second, they offer a reward for anyone that gives info leading to the confiscation of illegal firearms. If someone gives your name up, they will call that enough to justify a search warrent. If they find the guns, you go away for a long time. If they don't "We're sorry for the inconvience Mr. Smith".

I love my guns but I love my family more, and there are plenty of rats out there.

After some very public examples there won't be much resistance. The small percentage of "extremests" won't be too much for the Feds to handle, especially since these dangerous people must be stopped by any means necessary (read extreme force).

Ta Da! A mostly unarmed American Public!
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012