Something To Ponder

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Hydra Shok, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

2. frosty

frosty New Member

I had a Glock 21. It was fat. It was NOT accurate. I could actually squeeze the frame slightly out of shape while trying hold it for a target shot. Yes, it was easy to clean and use. The trigger left alot to be desired. I could not reload lead bullets to use in it unless I wanted to buy another barrel to use for lead.

All that and now Glock introduces a gun designed around a new cartridge. Kind of scary to think that a gun designer is so stubborn that it is unwilling to listen to what people really want. In the article the author and many others have wanted Glock to design a pistol in a conventional style to hold the .45 acp. Did Glock even listen to its customers or potentional customers....NO. You can't even put a 230 grn bullet in that gun.

One gun designed around a totally new cartridge from the same company. It is like Chevy creating its own gasoline that can only be used in its truck and no others because you will not be flexable.

If a company or person does not bend with the wind they will break.
    Glock did o.k. with the Glock 17 in 9mm and .40 S&W, simply because these calibers are smaller and more compact than the big .45 acp. The .357 sig has to much power in a LIGHT polymer framed pistol for control.

Even the author still says that he had some control issues with the loads that can run through the pistol. Yeah sure, you can hit the target when your standing still!!!!!!!! Now try moving and still control that pistol that is LIGHT. A person must and I repeat MUST ask him or herself "Do I want a light easy to carry gun that holds a small caliber cartridge that may NOT bring down a man?"

Even our guys over in Iraq have complained about the dismal performance of the 9mm on human targets in a combat situation. There is a picture of the marines that got Saddam Hussein, the head CO of that small group had a 1911 strapped to his chest.

I am one of the few who have had a Glock and changed to an all steel gun for some very important reasons.
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Another point I got from that article is in their spec sheet! One round of .45 GAP is .69 oz. while on round of 230 gr. FMJ only weigs .72 oz. That is only .03 oz. difference. This compared with the fact that MAYBE they weighed the 200 gr GAP and NOT the 185 gr. load tells me one big story. Although the length of the .45 GAP is smaller than the .45 ACP, it had to be beefed up (made thicker) in the brass in order for them to get over the fact that the chamber could not handle a .45 ACP piece of brass without blowing up! The only way GLOCK could make a 45 caliber weapon was to redesign the brass!!!! Now, you have two load choices for the Glock against NINE for the 45 ACP. Can you spell LIMITED CHOICES!

Most gunmakers who are limited in choice for loads, blew away into the wind! We'll see what happens to the GLOCK.

I also noticed you had to put a link to that same article in THREE different threads here in this forum. Trying to draw a little sympathy! :D :D :D :D

In the mean time............

GLOCKS Still SUCK!
  4. Rugster

Rugster New Member

I own several Glocks a Model 21 being one of them I have no problems with big guns because I have big hands.If the new .45Glock sticks around and several ammo makers join the wagon I will probably buy one.I must say with the exception of SIG my Glock 31 .357sig is one of the best 25-40yrd shooting guns I can shoot with.Thats not a target Handgun :cool:
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  5. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Just wanted to make sure you saw it. ;)

I also have an article that I finally found in the May '04 Shooting Times magazine that plainly states the GAP outperforms the ACP in every way. Oh and they do make a 230 gr. bullet too. I'm gonna try to cut the article out and scan it, maybe I will be able to post it up in here so that you reloading afficianados can scope it out. That reloading stuff is Greek to me :eek: .

Update: I scanned the article and tried to upload it, but the files are too big. I also tried photobucket, but it won't work there either. Any ideas?
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hydra, email the photo to me and I will size it and upload it for ya! Thanks.
  7. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Hey Plano, I was gonna email them to you by using the link provided by TFF, but I don't see any way to add an attachment. I sent a page of it to my yahoo account and it is like 5 megs. If you want PM me with your email addy and I will send them, or if you know of a way to do it with the TFF link.
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hydra Shok,
    I sent you my email addy. If you have a way of uploading it to a page, send me the URL and I will download it and resize it for ya. Check yer PM's.

Plano