Something to Watch

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by The Duke, Dec 14, 2011.

1. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Federal accident investigators recommended states ban the use of cell phones and other electronic devices by all drivers except in emergencies.

Simple enough idea...but its just the camel sticking his nose under the tent again...Number one, the law is on the books in many states already..NO TEXTING while driving...The enforcement of this law is practically impossible...So step number two is a mandate for the auto manufacturers.

Personally, I never text while driving and see some awful good reasons for anyone not to do so...I do use the phone occasionally, using voice dial for out going calls..

There was a news item several months ago about the beureaucratic moron at the NTSB wanting all new cars to be equipped with a cell phone blocking device...In other words, another government mandate to equip all cars with another piece of equipment , the price of which would be passed along to the consumer...

Besides being the typical lunacy of a DC bureaucrat, I believe there is more to the subject...There is a company already developing such a device...Id like to see who ownes this company or in partnership with them...Betcha its someone in big govt looking to cut him/herself a fat hog in the butt and supplement their already inflated retirement...

My supposition is based on the airport total body scanners that the gummit mandated be installed in most if not all airports...Ya know who owns the company that makes them????....Remember the walking cadaver Homeland Security director from the Bush era????...If you do, then you win the prize.

DC is all about our money and how they can steal it...they get the powah to regulate and can always seem to make themselves a profit out of the deal at our expense..:mad:
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

a guy here has a thing , when the car ignition is on your phone wont work unless you dial 000 ( same as 911 for you folks) it sits on the back of the key switch , so ignition must be off to make regular calls,

he says with mass production they should be $15 each as it is he charges $65 and a lot of folks put them in their kids cars here .. you may never know if it saves a life , but the insurance companies are making the average premium for 18-35's $100 cheaper if you have one installed

they say so many accident are caused by phones and the lack of attention to the road that comes with a phone

insurance companies aint fools , rude thugs at times, but rarely fools
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I see the car disabling device as the only answer. People will never voluntarily stop using electronic devices while driving and like trying to stop speeders, hundreds will speed by talking or texting while the cop tickets one. You would need one cop for each cell phone owner.
  4. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Most of this is pure BS ! What's "missing" in all of this "trash talk" is the concept driving is a co-operative enterprise, not a competitive one ! And every driver accepts the responsibility to operate their vehicle in a responsible manner. Should we impose the same strictures as we do on CDLs on the rest of the driving public ?

As a "professional driver" I've got to say most of the "4-wheelers" are idiots looking for an accident ! When you see them using three lanes and two shoulders to "advance their position" you just gotta wonder...... >MW