Sometimes it pays to go to farm auctions

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Shep, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Shep

Shep Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Went to an auction today. Was raining and not many people there. A couple of real nice little rimfires were just begging me to give them a good home.
    Got the model 63 Winchester for $300. It`s one of the Jap made ones from back in the 90s, not one of the originals, but still not a bad deal.
    Got the little custom Ruger 10/22 for $175. Will have to hunt up some rings and a scope to see how it shoots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Oklahoma, USA
    They look great!
    That Ruger is different enough to be really interesting. I bet it shoots, too. You did good! Post a range report on the Ruger when you get it set up. I'm curious about that octagon barrel. Congrats.

3. rimmer1

rimmer1 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Not far from water
    We need more pictures.
    oscar

4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    nothing wrong with the Jap 63. fine shooters , reliable as .. good deal

5. Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2004
    NW AR
    I'd love to go to a bunch of auctions. It's just neat to see some of the old stuff. Especially at farm auctions. I never know when they are and dont have any money anyway though.

6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    true, eh Country .. i found a a sopwith biplane motor that had been turned to pumping water , $200 they wanted for it , i was after the genset .. oh well , i see where those motors go for 10 GRAND!! , just as well eh , if i got rich i'd never know myself

7. Hatch

Hatch Former Guest

Sep 24, 2010
    Holy Smokes! I wish I had a row of safes like that, mine looks like a rave... time to buy another, Hatch :tapfoot:

Nice guns too! ;)

8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

That 10/22 looks like a tackdriver for sure. You did very well.

9. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 Active Member

Nov 28, 2010
    STOP THIEF........you got those for a steal.

10. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

He sure did...I love the barrel on the 10/22 and the fat fore end of the stock.:cool: