Songman,what say you now?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Willie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Willie

Willie Active Member

I think I feel an apology coming. Remember the thread "Cain is done" ? You sure were awfully hard on me then and now I think your position is sketchy at best.
  2. H-D

H-D Active Member

never discuss politics or religion with anyone who you think is your friend ;)
  3. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think he'll make his announcement soon, maybe tomorrow. His wife went on national television defending him. This newest female has a dark history. But, if it's been 13 years, there are tons of folks, I'm sure, who will step out of the shadows to back her up.

You might be able to hide a quickie or two, but not 13 years of them.
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Don't crow just yet Willie, you might still be wrong! :D
  5. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Yeah, this case hasn't been proven one way or the other. The woman has produced phone records as evidence of a long-term relationship with Cain, but it might have been a long-term platonic friendship just as Cain says.

If the woman (or investigators) dig up airline manifests and old hotel records to show that Cain flew her around the country to accompany him on speaking engagements, that would be a lot more incriminating.

The woman's background suggests that she could be the type to "embellish" the facts if she thought she could get a pile of money in the process.

I wouldn't read too much into Cain's announcement that he will "reassess" his campaign. He never had much money or organization to start with, and he probably recognizes that a lot of people have already jumped to conclusions after this latest allegation.

I'm not trying to claim that Cain is innocent, cause I don't really know, I'm just saying that we should wait and see how this story plays out.
  6. Willie

Willie Active Member

I wish I was wrong but I just think he has done these things. Why would a man do this? A feeling of power and entitlement. Not the best qualities for prez.
  7. Willie

Willie Active Member

Well said. I have to wonder why this has not happened to any other candidate for all the same reasons used in Cain's defense. Tawdry ho's trying to get money and lying to get it. Why just Cain? Because he is black? I don't think so. The pols that have had these same probs over the years ALL did it! you know the list and none of them ever were proven innocent. As time went on all had more things revealed. I think the rest of the field is clean,so far. At least on the sex stuff.
  8. ofitg

ofitg New Member

My wife and I were talking about this..... a couple of weeks ago the Dem Nat'l Committee was airing anti-Romney ads here in Phoenix. And suddenly, Cain is experiencing these tons of dirt falling out of the sky.

So far, Gingrich has been getting the kid-glove treatment from the DNC and the establishment media.

Hmmmmmmm.......
  9. Willie

Willie Active Member

I don't know about that. Gingrich has been questioned about financial dealings
    both personally and as a businessman. Making a bunch of money from taxpayer agencies and personally spending huge at Neiman Marcus. All,however appears legal and above board so the noise died down. And Newt denied nothing and was open and clear in his response.
  10. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Gingrich was interviewed by O'Reilly this week. They laughed about his ad (appearing with Pelosi) promoting environmentalism. Newt said the ad was a mistake and then grinned. Nobody mentioned that the ad was not just about enviromentalism, it was a promotion for Al Gore's group.
    They went on to talk about illegal immigration. O'Reilly was leading/coaching Gingrich, asking if what he really wanted was a national registry of the people who are here illegally. Gingrich faltered for a moment, and then said "yes". O'Reilly proceeded to fill in the details - anybody who failed to register would be subject to immediate deportation, etc - Gingrich agreed again. Gingrich never explained exactly what he had in mind during the recent debate when he suggested that illegals should get to stay if they've been here for 25 years.

I dunno, man, it seems to me that even Fox News Channel is trying to help Gingrich put makeup on his warts. Perry's standing in the polls took a nose-dive after he expressed a similar position on illegals, but Newt is still the Golden Boy.
  11. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

Perry started to take a nose dive in the polls when he looked like an utter fool during the last two debates... Perry is "all hat and no cattle" as they say is Texas...
  12. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Yeah, I remember it as being a "one-two punch" scenario. Perry was billed as the Super Conservative, but then he expressed sympathy for the illegal immigrants and everybody gasped in amazement.
    The final blow was when he stepped on his dork during a subsequent debate, not being able to recite the three gov't agencies he wanted to abolish. Kinda felt sorry for the guy, I have brain-farts too, but my brain-farts aren't seen by the entire world ;)
  13. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

Maybe we can be fortunate enough to have a convention select the candidate instead of a few state polls and a lot of media blather deciding for us.

It used to work - for both parties.

BullShoot
  14. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I think this attack is because this is the one candidate that Obama can't
    use the race card on. Although it wouldn't carry as much weight now, since we
    have had a black pres. I'm glad Powell did not run, as I would have voted
    for him. He proved his true colors with Obama. i believe he endorsed Obama because of color only.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  15. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i personally think the original post should have been removed ,

have your different opinion , but to narrr narr na na narr someone about one thread in a new one , smells a bit "directed" to me ..

hearing why or what is not the issue to me , the issue is the title and the OP ..

keep it calm folks , not everyone thinks the same .

i was told i was a moron and worse when i said a unknown black candidate would run for office and win it ( he was still only a senator then)

i've never needed to correct the thousands that told me i knew nothing of US politics , i figured you had all been punished enough already , Quietly satisfied is a good thing .. except when the reality is such as it is ...

vindication , look up the meaning ..

cheers folks
  16. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

LOL, you have a way with words there :)

I think the Dem's may be leaving Newt alone because they would rather battle him in the election than Romney, I know it's early but the same numbers seem to show Romney winning over Obozo IF the election where held in the very near future, but same numbers show Newt not able to defeat Obozo, at this time,

I think the Dem's may be underestimating Newt a little, I think he is very smart and shrewd(sp?), like him or not, he's pretty sharp, in my eyes they are making a tactical mistake here and not giving Newt the respect that they should, this is great for Newt and I'm sure he is very satisfied with the way things have played out so far,

And don't worry, once the Dem's see Newt as the threat that he is, to Obozo, he is not going to get a "pass" anymore on his "extra-marital" activities, he's not going to get a pass on ANYTHING, it's just at this time the Dem's are more concerned about Romney,

Regardless of what Cain said on the talking head shows today, I would wager that he will throw in the towel as early as this weekend, today he canceled a media dinner wiith some pretty high profile media folks that was scheduled for this coming Saturday, saying he needs to meet with his family in person, not over the phone, instead of going to this dinner,

When he DOES drop out, he will site the reason as "being too hard on his family" or the like, instead of "I just couldn't keep it in my pants, and now it's coming back to haunt me",

Being too hard on his family is probably true, but will sound like a weak excuse, does anyone ever get into politics at a high level and expect it to be "easy" on his family? I think not, it's just something that comes with it, unless of course you are perfect, and there is nothing to come back on you from the past.....

It will be interesting to see, which candidates, Cain supporters move to, I don't see Cain backers as Romney supporters, or Newt supporters really, or Perry for that matter, I think they are non status quo candidate supporters, it's possible Ron Paul and Michelle Bachman may be the benefactors of Cain's % points,

Just my theory and opinion, worth what you paid for it.....
  17. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't think I could bring myself to vote for a " perfect " person. Kinda spooky thought.
  18. ofitg

ofitg New Member

I went back and looked this up to make sure I remembered correctly -

[​IMG]

Perry's first debate was 9/7, but there wasn't much talk about immigration.

Second debate was 9/12, Perry was still the front-runner, and this time the other guys started jumping in his **** about the "Texas DREAM Act".

Third debate was 9/22, when Perry stated that people who didn't support some sort of amnesty were heartless. Made a very noticeable kink in the graph.

Maybe I'm all alone here, but it just intrigues me that Gingrich can express similar views and his numbers keep going up. I don't think it's because he's getting a break from the Democrats. A lot of the big (cough)"conservative" (cough) pundits who criticized Perry on this issue in September are giving Newt a pass.... or should I say, "greasing the skids"?
  19. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Agreed, Jack.
  20. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I too think the Dems want Newt as the candidate. They think OBO has a good chance against him. They have a file ten feet thick to open on Newt. He's still my favorite though(gun issues and all). Every single one of them has a ton a baggage and the dems have plenty of personal attack info at the ready for every one of them . I'm sticking with Newt for now. Might change ,as it's still along way 'til Nov. '12. We'll see! I don't know what to think about Cain.:eek: