Sons of Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun runner, Oct 18, 2012.

1. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

What a joke
  2. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

I actually think this is the best season yet. Most if not all the "drama" is gone. They are back to building guns instead of relationships. And the show still ends with a bang. The last two years sucked. The whole drama deal with Vince and then the love story the following season. I'm glad that crap is over. I watch to see cool guns, not a damned drama show. If I want to watch that I could hang out on the couch with my wife and watch desperate housewives.
  3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Just another fake show.........but I am glad that they are having more fun family oriented pro-gun shows on TV. That is what we need.......many people nowadays aren't raised around guns and do not understand that lifestyle and the pure enjoyment of shooting.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Ummm yep. I fixed a cylinder lock timing problem on a customers gun the other day. When he picked it up he said that he watched every episode hoping they would maybe fix one with the same problem so he could do it himself. I said "I doubt they would even know what to do about it". They go for the awkward cool factor, nothing practical by no means.
  5. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Yep. Anyone who watches these shows to learn gunsmithing is wasting their time. I love guns, and try to support the ones available to me. Yes, its just another fake reality show. But they are a real shop that makes real guns. I'm just glad the drama factor is gone. Less drama = more guns:D
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh yea? What would you rather be watching? I dont like alot of the content of these shows but am glad to have gun related shows on TV instead of some of the other nonsense.
  7. markfh

markfh New Member

Agreed, more guns less drama but as to their guns at least the one AK conversion they did that I had a chance to check out and fire I wasn't impressed with the quality of the workmanship or the fact that it jammed too many times.
  8. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Hey Double D, Sometimes I watch the sportsman channel. shows like long range pursuit, tactical tuesday, handguns, and other hunting shows. what I dont understand is why the hunters still whisper after they shoot the animal.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It's for the drama!!
  10. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

I would guess that the writers forgot to issue the "[/whisper]" command.;)
  11. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

sure seems like it, i could never understand it neither could people who i know that watch the hunting shows. I dont watch hunting shows that much on the sportsman channel since most of it turned into bow hunting.

I do watch the Military Channel every once in a while when they have shows about guns especially sniper rifles.

Sons of Guns reminds me of American Chopper :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  12. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Yes a whole family can have a good time shooting and have lots of fun.
  13. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

"Reality" shows always are faked in some ways. Scripted, etc. There's a big blowup over the "Amish" reality show. Seems the "Amish" girls aren't, pictures of them in bikinis are on the internet from prior to the show, etc. Same with Auction Hunters (salted storage units, etc) and the guys were both aspiring actors prior to the show.

So just enjoy the bangs and booms. Better than some lame sit-com.
  14. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

The show is stupid and despised by the vast majority of NFA collectors out there. Not to mention there suppressors suck.
  15. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

You're just pissed that you don't have this waitin at home for ya....................

[​IMG]