Sorry have to hit this one again

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ineedsoap16, May 1, 2009.

1. ineedsoap16

ineedsoap16 New Member

I poster a day or so ago abouth the .22 Aguila SSS. I still have not shot it het but I loaded a clip tonight to see how it would feed and noticed that with every bullet in the box, there is play between the round and casing. Slight twist ans slight rocking. i was going to give this round a try this weekend but now have some doubts. I know most .22 ammo wil twist slightly but the rocking worries me. I would rather throw this in the trash (a loss of $4) rather than it fire poorly and damage my chamber or possibly inflict harm. Is this normal? I think I'll wait for some feedback.
  2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

I've had rounds that twist and rock before. Not in the Aguila brand but in CCI and Remington both. I shot both just fine but that was through a single shot bolt action. I would thing that your biggest problem from a clip would be feed jams because of the rocking. Neither lead or brass should do any damage to the chamber. The only other issue that I can forsee might be where a piece of the bullet is scraped off as it is chambered. This could throw off accuracy when it is shot.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have a box of them and I just looked at them. I have fired 4 or 5 rounds out of that box and they all fired fine. They also will turn in the case and rock a little. Must be the "nature of the beast" when the bullet is as big as the case it is in???
  4. ineedsoap16

ineedsoap16 New Member

Cool thanks. I have heard mixed report of them but I always like trying something new.
  5. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

This is a three amigo gueistuon........right>>>????<<<<!!!

<CHECK HERE FOR WHINERS>
  6. pawn

pawn Active Member