1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Sorry have to hit this one again

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ineedsoap16, May 1, 2009.

1. ineedsoap16

ineedsoap16 New Member

I poster a day or so ago abouth the .22 Aguila SSS. I still have not shot it het but I loaded a clip tonight to see how it would feed and noticed that with every bullet in the box, there is play between the round and casing. Slight twist ans slight rocking. i was going to give this round a try this weekend but now have some doubts. I know most .22 ammo wil twist slightly but the rocking worries me. I would rather throw this in the trash (a loss of $4) rather than it fire poorly and damage my chamber or possibly inflict harm. Is this normal? I think I'll wait for some feedback.
  2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

I've had rounds that twist and rock before. Not in the Aguila brand but in CCI and Remington both. I shot both just fine but that was through a single shot bolt action. I would thing that your biggest problem from a clip would be feed jams because of the rocking. Neither lead or brass should do any damage to the chamber. The only other issue that I can forsee might be where a piece of the bullet is scraped off as it is chambered. This could throw off accuracy when it is shot.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have a box of them and I just looked at them. I have fired 4 or 5 rounds out of that box and they all fired fine. They also will turn in the case and rock a little. Must be the "nature of the beast" when the bullet is as big as the case it is in???
  4. ineedsoap16

ineedsoap16 New Member

Cool thanks. I have heard mixed report of them but I always like trying something new.
  5. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

This is a three amigo gueistuon........right>>>????<<<<!!!

<CHECK HERE FOR WHINERS>
  6. pawn

pawn Active Member