The Firearms Forum banner

Sorry To Ask A Stupid AR-15 Question But Here It Is

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dbcooper 
#1 ·
Are all AR-15's made with a polymer lower or does someone make one out of metal even if it's a little heavier.My AK-47 is all metal and it's really not that heavy to me.I looked on the internet and couldn't find nothing about it.I kinda like the feel and look of my old all metal Ruger Mini-14 and it wasn't bad.I'm kind of a metal gun guy more than a polymer gun person.I know lot's of you guys that know these answers but sorry I'm new to knowledge about AR-15's.Could someone answer my question as dumb as it seems,I just don't know much about these guns.I'm starting to get an interest in these rifles and if I purchase one I want it to be metal not polymer.
Thank's for any info!

#9 ·
Many fine AR's in your price range now. I would suggest you get a flat top and a detachable handle. That gives you the look you want now, but also the option to change easily to another optics option in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.