Sorry you sold it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wolfgang2000, Feb 22, 2006.

1. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

What guns are you sorry that you got rid of ? I'm sure most of us are involved in buying, selling and trading. I'm not talking about bad deals, just about guns you wish you still had.

There are 3 I wish I had kept.

First is my S&W model 58. I like the 41 round and that 58 was just a nice pistol.

Second is a NM M1A. It had a 3 digit ser. number under 200. It wasn't fancy looking but it was very accurate.

The third was a H&K P7M8.
  2. That, I am pleased to say, is one problem I don't have. If I buy a gun, I keep it, period. The only exception to that rule occurred when I was about 16 when I traded a Rem 600 carbine in .308 I bought with my own money for a POS Win 70 in 30-06 that turned out to have a crooked barrel. I vowed then and there never to trade again, and I haven't! :D
  3. ksswamprat

ksswamprat New Member

My brother ran a Towing Company and some vehicles he towed he would end up owning for charges and storage. In one such vehicle was a old Colt he sold to me for $125.00. It was,after checking, a 1873 SAA all orginal. Now this old girl was ruff but it was ALL ORGINAL. I fell upon hard times and had to sell (I am ashamed to admit for how little). I did make a profit (hell a idiot could have) but I do wish I had that gun back. What stories that old gun could of told.

Swamprat
  4. 57chevy

57chevy New Member

Several Pythons and a cased set of Colt Boa's{UNTURNED} comes to mind right off the top of my head.
  5. flopshot

flopshot New Member

uzi 9mm carbine. private purchase, no 4473. damn that was dumb. it was just that holding the thing made me feel like Marlin in a bathtub full of Glocks :eek:
  6. lead

lead Active Member

There's two, a British Enfield, and a Win. model 50 12ga. Both were in bad shape, and I got both cheap($50 for the Enfield, $89 for the 50). I fixed them up and sold them at a nice profit, but afterward regretted seeing all my work go to someone else.
  7. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

A Winchester Model 88 in .308. My first centerfire rifle. I'd love to have it back. A Skeet Grade Model 1100 Remington. Still kicking myself over that one. :mad:
  8. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

A Rem. 700 BDL in .30-06

Hit some hard times and sold it to pay some bills. Only gun I've ever sold.
  9. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

I "pawned" a S&W 17 to a guy for $175 (what paid for it). Two weeks later he was wanting his money and I didn't have it. That sucked.

My boss at work brow beat me until I sold him a 4 shot derringer. He made a nice display case for it and sold it to somebody else for the same price rather than offering it back to me.

I "traded up" to S&W 29's from Ruger Super Blackhawks - wish I had kept one of the Rugers.

Sorry I didn't buy ...

There were eight guns in Grandpa's estate and I could have bought seven of them on the payment plan but I ended up with only two. I missed out on:

Winchester 94 30-30 pre 64
    Colt Woodsman
    M-1 Carbine

I didn't have any interest in the 7mm Rem Mag.

I did get two, another grandson got one, and a son-in-law got one.
  10. MRMIKE08075

MRMIKE08075 Member

MARLIN 336 .219 ZIPPER
    24" OCTAGONAL BBL
    95% near NIB

bought it for $225.00

one of only 2 guns i ever sold.

best regards, mike.