Sound suppressor for Draguov rifle ?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Simon 04, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Simon 04

Simon 04 New Member

Hello !

I would like to know if sound suppressor exists for the Dragunov family (SVD, SVDS and Tigr) because I have never seen that on these rifles. Is't also subsonic munitions in 7.62x54R ?

Thank you very much !

[​IMG]
  2. saltydog

saltydog New Member

I'm sure they exist but I don't know how they would be manufactured to lock up to the existing flash suppressor assembly. To do it right, seems like you would have to dump the flash suppressor assembly and thread the barrel to accept one. Here in the USA, threading the barrel would depreciate the value of the rifle. If I had access to spare barrels, I wouldn't worry about it. You might ask Chris over at Dragunov.net. He keeps up with all the exotic toys that apply to these rifles.

:D
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

If that is yours it is a nice set up...
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yes they do exist, be back later with the blue prints if you wish
    , they where never popular and the better variant was never used in the field ..

the kiwi's tend to be the biggest users of them for deer hunting near residences , quite correctly they allow them for noise pollution reasons and to not disturb folks in their beds , what a polite nation!!...