South Carolina Democrats Looking to Overturn an Election???

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Terry_P, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

The guy may be dumber than a box of rocks but he still won and the elitist don't seem able to accept the will of the people.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...aign=Feed: foxnews/politics (Text - Politics)

A South Carolina lawmaker on Sunday suggested that new Democratic Senate nominee Alvin Greene may be intellectually incapable of participating in the general election race.

State Rep. Todd Rutherford told Fox News that he went to Greene's house to discuss with him how Greene succeeded last week in becoming the candidate to challenge Republican Sen. Jim DeMint in the November election, but he found it difficult to decipher an answer.

"About two questions into a conversation with him, it would become apparent that he is not probably fit to answer the questions befitting a Senate candidate," said Rutherford, a Democrat. "If he was put into this, then it is a joke that is funny to all the rest of us, but he doesn't get it -- because I don't know that his mental status is such that he can get it."

On Friday South Carolina authorities launched a formal investigation into Greene's unlikely win. The campaign of his vanquished opponent, Vic Rawl, said it too is looking into reports across the state from voters and poll workers who "experienced problems with voting for whom they intended."

A Rawl campaign spokesman said he believes that the outcome of Tuesday's election is "statistically impossible" and "South Carolinians would rather be 100 percent right than 90 percent uncertain." Greene won with about 60 percent of the vote.

Rutherford said he asked Greene whether his honorable but involuntary discharge from the U.S. Army last August was related to his mental state.

"When I asked him whether they had checked his mental health status, he seemed to suggest that doing so brought about racist implications and other things. He kind of ducked the issue," said Rutherford.

Rutherford added that based on his conversation with Greene about his military service he got the impression that Greene could have decided to spend the $10,400 needed to enter the South Carolina race, but "I doubt it very seriously."

As the questions mount over the selection of Greene, some have attributed it to the arbitrary alphabet since Greene's name appeared above Rawl's on the ballot. Rutherford said the Senate Democratic primary in South Carolina was low profile to begin with and probably "people just hit a button and had no idea who they were voting for."

But South Carolina Rep. Jim Clyburn, the House majority whip, said he could reach no conclusion except that Greene is a plant.

"I never said he was a Republican plant. I said he was someone's plant. ... I saw the patterns in this. I know a Democratic pattern, I know a Republican pattern and I saw in the Democratic primary elephant dung all over the place," he told CNN.

Senior White House Adviser David Axelrod said he also is trying to find an explanation for the improbable victory.

"The whole thing is odd. I don't really know how to explain it and I don't think anybody else does either," Axelrod said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Axelrod said he thinks the people of South Carolina deserve the best nominee on the ballot, although he supposes Greene would argue that since he won the election, he is the best candidate.

"How he won the primary is a big mystery though, and until you resolve that I don't think he can claim to be a strong, credible candidate," he said.

Rutherford said Greene certainly is not like other politicians.

"My conversation with him was not with someone who is all about politics, has an agenda, and wants his 15 minutes of fame. He would've been just fine sitting in his house, which he apparently did the entire campaign. I don't think he ever left his house," he said.

"It's scary because you don't want to suggest that somebody who does not have what everybody else has can't run for office, but it's also the fact that he won, so what do you do?” Rutherford asked.
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

This is going to be fun to watch. However, I do have simpathy for Mr. Greene, for the ordeal he will be put through.

Pops
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I looked for yard signs or any indication that the guy was running both locally and on the way to the beach this past weekend. I saw nothing. Of course, we had 69 voters that had signed the registration sheet at our precinct on voting day at 5 PM and ALL were Republicans. There wasn't a single Democrat signature on the log. One poll worker called a local radio station and said that she had ~460 voters and only ~40 were Democrats. 8 out of 10 of those were the typical and expected black Democrat voters as she indicated. This guy won because his name is Al(vin) Greene, and because he was at the top of the list. Seriously, "get out to vote" works when the Democrat organizers tell their voters to look for the "D". It doesn't work so well when all of them have "D" beside their name and it is the responsibility of the voter to do the research. This is a telling story of how damned (pardon the language) stupid these voters are. :rolleyes:
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

So, it's the same with Obama, but he's still in the White House:rolleyes:
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

You'll feel stronger about that belief after this quote... He's dumber than Obama, or at least doesn't have a script writer and associated teleprompter. :eek:

From http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...democratic-senate-nominee-refuses-step-aside/

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

The Democrats are absolute morons in this state and I suspect many others. This is hilarious!!!! It's not like ANYONE stood a chance against Jim Demint anyway but this is just funny! :D
  6. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

If he is dumb, what does that make those who voted for him?
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Absolute unadulterated freaking idiots... :rolleyes:
  8. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Is being " intellectually incapable " a disqualifier to becoming
    a US senator ? There are a whole bunch like that now in office.
    And most of the incapable dumbasses are in the same
    political party. Looks like a publicity stunt, to me.
  9. 199er

199er New Member

The Democrats have the " Alvin Greene" problem and the Republicans have the State Senator Jake Knotts "raghead" brouhaha problem .......

So thanks to both political partys, it appears the State of SC is finally going to earn a 'number one ranking' on some sort of National List!!!!

Check out this link................"Raghead" T-shirts now available.

http://www.cafepress.com/fitsnews.454661016

Boy oh boy there must be something in the SC water!!!
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  10. 199er

199er New Member

This says it ALL!!!!!!!

02.gif
  11. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

How about looking at your boss?
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The Dopercrats don't seem to mind having a man in the White House who can't even string two words together without the use of a teleprompter and can't even produce a valid birth certificate, but they have a problem with Greene because he's supposedly not intelligent enough to hold elected office. And they're complaining about his past record. Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they supposed to check this guy out BEFORE they allow him to run on the Democrat ticket? You know, see if he's able to hold office and run a background check?:rolleyes:

It's like ponycar said, the Dumbocrats' favorite tactic of "getting out the vote," i.e., paying or threatening people to vote and busing them to the polling places and telling them to vote for anyone with a "D" beside their name backfired on them this time, and like the whiny, bratty little children (i.e., liberals) that they are, they can't accept the consequences of their actions:rolleyes:
  13. obxned

obxned New Member

Why this sudden change in policy? Intelligence and sanity were never before been required of Democratic candidate.
  14. lentz

lentz Former Guest

There you go!!!! He is mentally capable as any other democrat.I see no diff.
  15. petesusn

petesusn New Member

"When I asked him whether they had checked his mental health status, he seemed to suggest that doing so brought about racist implications and other things. He kind of ducked the issue," said Rutherford.

Isn't that what politicians do?