South Carolina State IDPA Championship ??

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by 3gunner, Mar 23, 2005.

1. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

Anybody goin' to S.C.'s State IDPA Chanpionship next month? Heard it's suppose to be a good match. Fourteen stages over two days.
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sounds like a lot of shooting to me. ;)
  3. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

So, Pickenup, you gonna try and make it. You could be there in 3 or 4.......

days :D
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I sure would like to, but I could not make it through 2 days, or 14 stages. I have had to cut out anything over 4 stages already. And those are getting tough. It’s hard enough to walk the next day after just 4 stages. :(

Sure wish I would have found this sport 30 years ago. I am trying to get my son into it now. I think we have it worked out so that he can try shooting a match next month. He ain’t half bad, and I think he will do good. :)

I have taken him to the range and set up a small course, drilled him on the procedures, so that he can get an idea of what it is like. He likes it and wants to do it. So when I get to the point where I can’t do it anymore, at least I can watch him. :D
  5. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

I cannot make it, but a few of my buddies are plannin on going.
  6. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

Well the South Carolina IDPA State Championship is officially in the books and what a great match it was. The MD and SO's did a great job and provided fourteen great stages for approx. 160 shooters. The stages seemed straight forward on paper but offered you every chance to really bomb once the buzzer sounded. If you ever get a chance to shoot with the guys in S.C., take it.