1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Spanish 25 Auto

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by whitesquirrel44, Nov 23, 2005.

1. whitesquirrel44

whitesquirrel44 New Member

I'm looking for Bob in St. Louis

I bought this 25 cal pistol at a gun show. It was cheap because it has a crack in the slide. I thought I would buy a replacement slide to make it functional again but I can't find much on the internet. I can't even find a picture of one that looks like mine. It also didn't have a magazine. What can you tell me about this firearm? Other than the serial number, fire and safe markings, all I see is a circle in the rear on the left side that has the word "HOPE" in the middle of it. The crack is where the knotch is for the slide catch. The slide catch/safety lever is rounded off such that the slide won't stay back. I tried sending an email to e-gunparts.com and other websites looking for a new slide and magazine with no success. What do you think the gun is worth? Do you think the slide could be fixed? What do you think I should do with it?

Markings on the slide:
    Esperanza y Unceta Guernica (Spain)
    Astra - Cal. 6.35 & 25

Any help and insite will be appreciated.
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome to TFF, whitesquirrel!

Bob hasn't been around in a while, but some of our experts should be along soon to help you out. In the meantime, browse through our various forums and join in the fun!
  4. whitesquirrel44

whitesquirrel44 New Member

Thank you. I read a message that he replied to, that's why I asked for him. Anyone who could help me would be appreciated.
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I would suggest you try and contact him on the link that 22wrf has on his post about the Spanish Gunboards.

I may have a magazine for you. It came in a lot that I bought on Auction Arms a couple of years back.

PM me your addy and I'll send it to you. It may or may not fit your pistol but I know it won't fit any of mine.

Merry CHRISTmas!
  6. lucyloo

lucyloo New Member