Spanish FR8

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by 2nd Abeliever, Nov 22, 2009.

1. 2nd Abeliever

2nd Abeliever Former Guest

Hi all. Greetings. I'm new to this thread stuff so bare with me. I have become interestted in the Spanish FR8 and would appreciate some feedback from any FR8 owners. Also, I might be interested in purchasing one down the road here soon so if any of you know of one for sale please do let me know. Thank you all again.
  2. gschnarr

gschnarr New Member

3. 2nd Abeliever

2nd Abeliever Former Guest

Thanks for the link. I may be looking foward to picking one up, if I canfind one at a steal price.
  4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The FR-8 has it's own sort of following. They have become highly sought after. If you see one, please let me know where you found it so that I can make sure it's okay. :D

There is usually 2 or 3 on GB at any given time. But other than that, I've never even seen one in person.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

seen a few and they have that deceitful semi auto look even though its a bolt gun. Olympus is right, they got there own following. They are neat looking, prices tend to run high for what they are. The guys on GB have a tendency to be cracked out when selling them so when they say rare or never issued, be weary of it. Off all the ones I've seen at the military collectors show they are pretty rough.
  6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Personally, I really like the looks of them. They make excellent shooters and truck guns. The back half of the rifle looks like a regular old Mauser, but the front half looks like a CETME. I think it's the original bolt action battle rifle! Most of these guns were used as trainers so most did not see any kind of action. They were a way to transition soldiers from the bolt action to the new CETME that was being built.

The FR-8 will be perfectly fine shooting commercial .308 ammunition, but the similar FR-7 is HIGHLY recommended that you NOT shoot .308 ammunition from it.

Most of the ones on GB are in rough shape, but occassionally you'll find one that is good quality.
  7. REISINGMOD50

REISINGMOD50 New Member

I used to own one about 15 years ago and at the time they were pretty cheap, maybe $150. The problem I had with mine was when working the straight bolt, my hand had a tendency to get nicked on the rear sight. It sat up a bit and if you do any rapid fire, you can chew your knuckles up.