Spanish "Ruby" Auto Parts

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by adpnaut, Dec 4, 2005.

1. adpnaut

adpnaut New Member

I have a "Ruby" 7.65mm/.32 cal auto manufactured by the Spanish for the French in WWI. Need some parts; specifically a hammer, sear, and frame mounted thumb safety.
    I was told it is a knock off of the Browning M1903 .32 cal, but the similarity ends once you break it down into components.
    I can make all these parts but they are worn so badly, the original dimensions are far from obvious.
    Can anyone help? Thanks!
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi adpnaut......welcome to TFF.

Ruby-style pistols were made by quite a few manufacturers, large and small, in the Eibar Region of Spain in the early 20th century. While most "Ruby" pistols were of similar design, parts usually weren't interchangeable between the pistols of different manufacturers......and parts are virtually impossible to find today.

Ruby pistols aren't really collector pieces and don't command very high prices, so it might not pay to have custom parts made for one.....but if you want to make the parts anyway, it's pretty much going to have to be a "file and fit" situation.

Good Luck.....
  3. adpnaut

adpnaut New Member

Thanks for the welcome!
    The pistol has no real collector value as you indicated, but it will be fun to rebuild it anyway. It survived this long, might as well give it some new life.