The Firearms Forum banner

Spartan V with some fancy duds

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  RuffLock 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got my 1911 today ! 5" 45acp and grips by who else, Woodnut ! Thanks to Helix and Josh for the heads up on finding the Spartan. Double D gets a big thanks too for finding some info on my next 1911, it's going to be a STI Sentry.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#7 ·
Q, single or double stack ? hard to guess from the pics , sorry ..
single stack

The Spartan V is built on a steel, government length, standard width frame. The grip includes a checkered mainspring housing to provide a sure grip. The controls are an STI International single sided thumb safety and high-rise beavertail grip safety.
The slide features traditional 1911 styling with front and rear cocking serrations, and the barrel is 5.0″ with a match grade fitted bushing. This excellent firearm comes standard with an STI square hammer, patented STI trigger system, and STI sear and disconnector for smooth, reliable function.
The Spartan V has a Parkerized finish.

Specifications
MSRP$705.83Calibers.45 ACP, 9×19Frame1911 Government Steel Frame, Bald Front
StrapGripsHand Checkered Double Diamond
Mahogany Grip PanelsSlideClassic, Front and Rear Cocking
SerrationsTriggerSTI Long Curved TriggerBarrel5.11" Chromed Non-Ramped Bushing
BarrelSafetiesSTI High-Ride Beavertail Grip Safety
Single Sided Thumb SafetyGuide RodOne Piece Full Length SteelSightsFiber Optic Front
Adjustable RearOverall Length8.5"Weight35.3 ozFinishParkerized

#11 ·
It shoots fellas. Chris and his crew graced me and mine with theor presence at my range earlier today. We shot guns from about 1 til after 4:30, prolly a little over 500 rounds not countn the .22s.

That spartan shoots and ate everything from Chris' fairly warm 200 gr XTP loads to my rather anemic, see the bullet fly to the target, cast SWC and Berrys TC 200 gr range loads. Not 1 single failure in any one of our hands. In fact the only 1911 failure we had today was with my Green Machine. Stovepiped.

Good day all in all. Im sure the worm will post pics later on.

#13 ·
It shoots fellas. Chris and his crew graced me and mine with theor presence at my range earlier today. We shot guns from about 1 til after 4:30, prolly a little over 500 rounds not countn the .22s.

That spartan shoots and ate everything from Chris' fairly warm 200 gr XTP loads to my rather anemic, see the bullet fly to the target, cast SWC and Berrys TC 200 gr range loads. Not 1 single failure in any one of our hands. In fact the only 1911 failure we had today was with my Green Machine. Stovepiped.

Good day all in all. Im sure the worm will post pics later on.
I will get some pics up soon, we had a problem with the camera and transfering them to the computer.

I didn't get any target pics since everyone was blasting away at the targets and we were having too much fun to stop and try to get "grouping" photos. I will say what I was quite impressed that i could 99% of the shots in the 8 ring from 20+ yards and offhand. I am going to have much fun breaking in the Spartan. I'm very happy with it's price vs performance and quality. Also gotta agree with Josh, very suprised that not one single failure in the STI with 3 different loads varied from mild to pretty warm.

#15 ·
Chris youre right, you need to come back and lets sit down at the bench and put it thru the wringer from a sandbag and a few loads. Doin anything sunday?? I got a coupel guns to get off the desk but other than that im free. Call me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.