The Firearms Forum banner

Spec 308 Copper based lube.

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CHW2021 
#1 ·
I bought a vial of spec 308, copper based lube for use on the slides of my Glocks. I was just wondering whether or not it would be advisable to use it on other makes of semi's? Glock seems to be pretty high on it and tells you not to remove it when cleaning the pistol. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
I am not familiar with your specific product; but I am familiar with lubricants. Seemingly the copper based lube is a version of an "anti seize" compound; in industrial and automotive (ect...ect...) such compounds are used in dozens of different applications and formulas. Variations include nickle, copper, molybdenum and even some odd silicone and rare earth compounds. The properties of the base (generally an oil carrier) are a part of the lubricity and the uses can be to fill voids, stop corrosion or to simply lubricate better than a pure grease/oil.
I see no reason that the copper lube should not work on other guns, personally, I use a high molybdenum content lube intended to prevent seizing of steels in a salt water condition (intended for offshore pipefitting). My .02, and I do not profess to be an engineer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.