Special shotgun ammo & South Carolina law

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Obi Juan Kenobi, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Obi Juan Kenobi

Obi Juan Kenobi New Member

Hi, all. Considering this post has the possibility of fitting into a couple different sections, I just stuck it here, so someone tell me if it needs to be moved.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew the legality of keeping and using special shotgun rounds I.e flechette, beehive, dragon's breath, etc. in South Carolina. I think a lot of them are cool as hell and would love to get some for fun at the range -depending on if I have the money at that time.
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

not sure about the beehive but the flechette is ok and the dragons breath is allowed, but if a fire is started from it YOU are held responsible!
  3. Obi Juan Kenobi

Well, yes, id assume id be responsible for any fires, but at the range i visit, there's not much to catch on fire, seeing as there's not many trees around. Thanks for the input though. Ive heard conflicting theories as to this.
  4. hunter29180

usually any state that allowes Tannerite exploding targets allows dragon breath ammo. since you are shooting at a range, you need to check with them doe permission to use on their range.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Fired a dragons breath rd out in the road that runs past my house, at night, and was sure no cars were present. At night, put your best sun glasses on before you pull the trigger!
  6. Obi Juan Kenobi

I never saw anything concerning special rounds on their rule board. The only thing i know about exceptions with shotguns is they won't let you shoot clay.
  7. hunter29180

just because its not listed Please do not ASSUME! ASK!

exploding targets were just allowed this year, so ranges may not have thought about this much because it hasnt came up on their ranges.
  8. Obi Juan Kenobi

I was gonna post that next, but i got side tracked, and never remembered to post it. But what i was gonna put up about that is that i can't find anything that shows who the owner is. All there is are dnr stickers, and Ive asked them, but no one there knows, either.
  9. Obi Juan Kenobi

Should i call code enforcement?
  10. hunter29180

check with the county permits section..all ranges must have a permit (including DNR public ranges) unless its a private for family use only setup in SC.

also check with county tax records....should be online...use address to see record of ownership.
  11. Obi Juan Kenobi

Oh ok. I appreciate it.