speed loaders?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by ryan42, May 16, 2012.

1. Old John

Old John New Member

I have a couple in the console of my pickup, for the Ruger SP101, I carry a lot.
    Mostly around the house, I just drop a couple Bianchi Speed-strips, loaded with .357's in my shirt pocket. They are flat & easy to carry. And, just about as quick, once you get use to them, as an H&K speed-loader.
    And, I always have 2 Speed-strips in my jacket pocket when I'm out & about.
    They're quick for tactical partial loads, also.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Dale have u ever used that revolver?
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Back when I was in the US I used HKS speedloaders. (still have them, just don't have any S & W K-frame to use them with).
    Proficiency takes practice. I got so I could reload in about 5-10 seconds on the range and I learned how to refill the speedloader while running. It takes a little practice but it does work nicely.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hey, geds, 68, appliancedude and many more are always getting a piece of me. What the heck, what's another one gunnin for me?:D
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I used HKS for a long time but safariland comp II or comp III's are so much better I will never buy HKS again, they're that good!

don't know if they're makin' them for the judge, kinda doubt it but for most 38/.357's out there will take 'em.

speedstrips are also an excellent option and much easier to carry. A tad slower but you can get speedstrips for .410 and .45 colt no problem and they're super cheap.

[​IMG]

with the comp III's in my GP-100, I was able to achieve 2.5 second reloads! the goal will be to watch some more Jerry Miculek to speed up my reloading speed, hahaha.

I periodically sit on the couch in the evening and practice with my dummunition in the gp-100, gettin' better....

the HKS's have been thrown in my pistol bag for extra ammo when on the go so they still serve a purpose amongst my comp III's.

practice, practice, practice....