Speer Lawman

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Vladimir, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

A couple weeks ago I shot a box of Speer Lawman I had gotten as a thank-you gift after giving someone a healthy discount on some concrete sealer. I don't have the box on me so don't recall the grain or anything but I thought it shot pretty well, maybe even better than the American Eagle 9mm I normally use for range time.

But! I cleaned the USP out today and holy hell was that thing a mess. I put exactly 50 rnds of the stuff through it and probably 40 - 60 American Eagle and wow! I don't recall it being nearly that messy ever before.

Anyone else notice this? Or is it just me? It might have gone a couple shootings without cleaning, but I've been shooting light these days (50 rounds per trip) so it had maybe 200 rounds through it since its last cleaning. So I am fairly sure it was the Speer Lawman.

But like I said, it shot well :D.
  2. pawn

pawn Active Member

I like Speer Lawman, bought 500 rounds of +p 38 special awhile back. Decent accuracy, IMHO it does not shoot particularly dirty.
  3. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I'm a little surprised to hear that as well. I broke in my XCR on Speer Lawman 5.56. (I know, the pistol / rifle ammo can have a lot of variation). I found it to be consistent, powerful and clean.
  4. redrick

redrick New Member

I like it better than American Eagle, I have better accuracy with it, but my range hasn't had it in a while and I have to use range ammo there.
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Maybe my last cleaning hadn't been thorough enough or something. Like I said, I liked the way it shot, unfortunately I haven't seen a case of it at the local gun show. On that note, anyone ever shoot crossfire reloads? They are bar-none the best bang for the buck, but to date I have yet to shoot a reload.

Come to think of it I may survive off boxes (instead of cases) for a while, Christmas is around the corner and reloading equipment might be at the top of my list.
  6. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

At one time I shot a bunch of it in .45ACP.....I found it the SJHP to be reasonably accurate, but it doesn't expand all that well.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I shoot it and carry it, but not a box full at a time. I reload, so I usually shot my reloads, and then finish up with what I carry. Don't know about the expanision of the rounds, haven't looked at any yet, but the .44 spc. has one hell of hole in the HP ammo.

Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

For the record I was shooting just regular FMJs, I'll try to grab the box tonight and see what grain it was. I need to read up on loads, I don't even know what grain means, other than it has to do with the powder in the shell, and as far as I know the higher the grain the harder it hits :).