Speer's Plastic Training Bullets and Cases

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by midmichiganl, Oct 2, 2003.

1. midmichiganl

midmichiganl New Member

Has anyone had any experience with Speer's Plastic Training Bullets and Cases or X-ring Rubber Bullets? Based upon the description in various catalogs it appears that they can be used indoors, (my basement) for practice sessions. How much noise do they make? How many times can your realistically reuse them? How accurate are they? What calibers have you used? Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Michigan...I dont know much about 'em, but a friend of mine has used them in the past indoors, he said they penetrated paper targets and he used a bed sheet as the back drop...Sorry I dont have more info.

Welcome to the forums!
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

midmichiganl, they are a great tool for strenghtening your trigger control. Being propelled by a primer only, the sound level is at a minimun however, keeping saftey in mind, they should be used in a well vetilated area and the same satey precautions taken. They can be reused until damaged and don't count on the accuracy. ;)

An old timer friend of mine, suggests a decent air pistol,
    ie:[​IMG]
    http://airgunsbbguns.com/daisy-powerline-717.html

It works! :D
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Where I found them nice was in "shoot/no-shoot" training, when the department hadn't a laser cage. There was enough power to somewhat simulate accuracy out to 7-10 yards, and penetrate the target. It gave the deputies a chance to use their own weapons in that training, rather than the cumbersome paintball stuff.

Pops