spell "checker"

Discussion in 'TFF Members Test Forum' started by Zane71464, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

okay....I see now. Gotta download it.
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

It's a great program, and I used it for several years. Now I use Google Chrome as my browser, and it has a spell check feature built in, so I don't need it anymore.
  3. Zane71464

I looked at the ispell site and my anti-virus gave me a warning, so I didnt mess with it. I'll have to check out the Google Chrome, and thanks for the advice!
  4. Zane71464

...to those who may be thinking of it, the ispell program I looked at, I brought it up and thought about downloading it. about 1/4 of the way into it is when I got a warning and I stopped it and closed out of it. Ive been having a few problems since then with my connection. Well, went and looked and it downloaded all the way even with me canceling it and stoping it. Went to add/remove and it was there, I removed it and back up to par....just thought I would pass this along to others, It didnt "set" well with my pc...no virus's though.
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

your computer does not have spell check already on it?
  6. Zane71464

If it does Beth, I'm not aware of it? I'm running Windows XP, so it's a bit older.
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

IESpell is a program made to check spelling within Microsoft Internet Explorer. It checks spelling for you in fields where you can enter information just like the spell check function of MS Word, etc. Internet Explorer (last I checked) does not have this feature built in which is a shame. Other browsers are ahead in many aspects.

I use Google Chrome 75% of the time, Mozilla Firefox 24% of the time, and Internet Explorer about 1%. Chrome doesn't function perfectly with all websites (like my banks, Ally and Mainsource), but it tends to load faster the sites with which it is compatible.
  8. nstoolman1

nstoolman1 Member

When I first type a post I start out in Word and use the spell check in it. Then I copy and paste into the reply box. Works for me.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Usually when you buy a new computer, Mac's not included, you get Microsoft Office with the purchase. If you have down loaded it, you get spell check.