Spin-off Thread - Why do you carry what you carry?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rglbegl, Mar 16, 2010.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I carried a Taurus Millennium Pro .40 IWB winter and summer. Sometimes my full size RIA .45 in the winter. I would have bought the Taurus in .45 but they didn't have one in stock and as the .40 is a pretty hot round I went with it.

Since buying my Charles Daley Officer's ACP, I have carried it in a Galco slide through on my strong side hip. In the summer, a pocket "T" will cover the gun so I'm good to go. I also carry a Kel-Tec PF-9 as my BUG strong side front pocket.

.45 primary, 9mm back up, .40 in the vehicle.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I carry a 1911A1 year round, with two extra mags on my left hip. The gun resides in a Yaqui style holster to reduce the amount of weight I am carring. In the winter the gun is covered by my coat. In the summer the gun is covered by my shirt. In the Fall, and early Spring, the gun is covered by the coat. If it warms up I just make a trip to the bath room, take off the coat, pull out my shirt tails, and am good to go. In the summer I am usually in shorts, T shirt, and sandles. If the shorts are blue jean type, nothing changes. If the shorts are the type with the elastic waist band then the gun is in a Smart Carry System. Don't think I need to explain the reason for the caliber. The gun has been set up by Jim Clark (before he passed away), it is reliable, and a traget shooter. It will do it's job if I do mine. For those of you that carry several different types of guns, I would like to see you get some real training. Please!
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Sometimes I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 IWB with Corbon Pwrball ammo.

Sometimes I carry a Ruger SR9c IWB with Hornady Critical Defense ammo.

Why? Because I trust them! :cool: