'sploding binary targets

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/2/02 11:23:06 am)
    | Edit | Del All 'sploding binary targets
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.gunbroker.com/auction...em=3454955

A friend of mine buys these things. They are major fun. They are loud enough to make people quite aways back feel the concussion when they blow up.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/2/02 1:48:39 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: 'sploding binary targets
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is that stuff really LEGAL? Hmmmmmmmmmm woody huh?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/2/02 3:35:26 pm)
    My friend gets his out of Nebrasky for $6.50 each. They come in the regular mail.

They are in a bottle and you pour them together. They seem to be impossible to make go boom unless a fast buddit hits them.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/2/02 4:11:44 pm)
    Sounds like it beats those exploding targets all to heck. I need names and email addresses as to where I can get some. I don't buy from auctions.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

Edited by: jeeper1 at: 4/2/02 4:27:35 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/2/02 5:01:17 pm)
    Go click on ask seller a question on the auction I am sure he will sell you some.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/3/02 1:04:33 am)
    Geez, what are they made of?

Used to tape those exploding targets to the back of an IPSC target behind the X as a joke years ago, then bet your buddy $5 you could shoot a better group at 25yds than they could, without telling them, (and making sure they have THAT target...)when it went off, would screw them up for the rest of the day!
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/3/02 6:05:39 am)
    I do not know the ingredients but they are two dry chemicals that when mixed are still inert unless lit very hard and fast. It might even be the friction of the fast budditt theat sets them off. I was told they will not even burn if lit.

Put a bottle of this stuff behind a target and you would get thrown off the range. They sound like TNT going off.