sporterized krag??? I bought it!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/19/02 11:24:24 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All sporterized krag??? I bought it!!!!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My local gun shop picked up a sporterized Krag rifle. Asking prices is $200 firm. Do you guys think that is too much for a sporterized Krag. The stock has been cut down, and the fron sight has been replaced with a sporter front sight, oh yeah the barrel has been shortened. Look pretty decent, and i don't have a krag. I have been kicking the idea around in my head, but wanted to know what you guys thought.

Edited by: mauserman454 at: 8/21/02 10:12:08 am

Moskovskyya
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/19/02 4:16:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Should I buy this sporterized krag???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No, tell me where it is so that I can buy it! Or easier than that, buy it, but then suddenly determine that it doesn't enhance your collection, and out of the goodness of your heart give it to me to enhance my collection.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/19/02 7:23:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Should I buy this sporterized krag???
    Buy it! And don't give it to our friend over here - he's got more stuff than he knows what to do with anyway

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/20/02 6:19:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nope, can't have it mosk!!!!
    I bought the Krag!!!!! I paid the $200 buck for it.
    My dad says its an original carbine barrell. He says he can tell because that is the origanal front sight on a 21" barrell. I am posting a pic, what do you guys and gals think. Is that the original front sight??? Somebody butcherd the stock, and cut the rear of the barrell for a dovetail williams rear sight. Gunparts lists a new reproduction carbine stock, which I will buy, but doesn't list the rear sight. Anyone happen to have an original krag rear sight they will sell me.
    By the way, the bore is in very good condintion, with only the slightest traces of pitting.

Edited by: mauserman454 at: 8/20/02 7:19:56 pm