Sportsman's Warehouse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pinecone70, Mar 13, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

There was a mad rush to the Sportsman's Warehouse in my area yesterday, after the announcement that the stores will be liquidating and closing (link to story: http://www.startribune.com/business/41184017.html ). I have purchased guns there, among other things, and it's kind of shocking to see the store go under. They were already out of half the ammunition supply last night, which is at full price. Geesh I hate what's happening in this country!! :mad:

I had to buy the Ruger revolver I've had my eye on, to help them pay their debt. It was the last one in that city. The Gander Mountain bought the other stores out of 9mm rounds and is now selling off the last of it.
  2. pawn

pawn Active Member

That is surprising to me, St.Cloud store was pretty nice...
  3. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I've heard that they have been in financial trouble for some time. They recently came under new management so hopefully the company as a whole won't go under but we'll see.
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

Glad to hear of your purchase.:)
    Sad to see them closing stores. :(

Art
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I thought the here lately, the busiest type of stores were the ones that sells Guns and Ammo. My local gun shop owner told me that his business has doubled since 1/20/09.
  6. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I Know the store manager of the Sportsman's wearhouse two blocks from my business & he told me they were so low on stock especially in guns, ammo & re-loading supplies because they couldn't pay their suppliers for a while. This was before the election. He told me the chain had been bought out & should be doing better. I would suspect they might be closing a few stores here & there more than going out of business. But I don't know for sure.
  7. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

One of the guys that I visit with on a regular occasion is a sportsman Warehouse employee and has been for several years (about 12 years I think) and he is probably loosing his job. I have been advised the store here in Coeur D'Alene will be closing but they haven't made up their mind for sure just yet. I hate to see UFA take over the stores as they are out of Canada and I fear that the gun section will go away completely.:( They did have a great selection for a while. Hope things get better sooner than later. catfish
  8. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I heard today that a total of 24 are being closed initially and then they will see how the situation is after that.
  9. Hunt SD

Hunt SD New Member

The Sportsmans in my town actually called me today to go in and work for them during the big sale rush. I made it a whole 3 hours before they changed their minds and laid me off. ( second time in two months I've beeen laid off.) They are quite busy even though most stuff is only 10% off.