Spray Lubricant

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/17/02 4:00:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Spray Lubricant
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I uasully use Lee Collet Dies and have no need for any lubricant, I just got a set of 300 WSM dies and they are going to need lubricant and I want your opinion on the spray kind. I recall hearing good things about them a while back but can't remember which is best. Thanks and good shootin.

HondoJohn6508
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/17/02 4:50:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Spray Lubricant
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dave3, the lube I use is the Hornaday "One-Shot". I very seldom FL size so the can has some left and I have had it about 2 years. Good stuff!!!!...........O' John..........

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/17/02 4:56:33 pm)
    Yup, if you're gonna spray 'um, Hornady One-Shot is some pretty good stuff.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/24/02 4:11:38 pm)
    I've used both One Shot and Dillon's pump-spray lube with equal success for full-length sizing on .30-06 brass.
    Rich

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/24/02 8:17:52 pm)
    OK, I've recently begin loading rifle cartridges, .223 to be exact.

You can't load these without some kind of lubricant put on the brass cases.

Solution was to order an RCBS Lube Die No. 87551 for the .223 caliber. Other calibers will have a different number.

Its a die that has a felt liner inside with a hole on top to squirt in the lubricant which is absorbed into the felt liner. Caution, don't over squirt or you will have a dripping mess on your press shell plate or shell holder.

This die also has a decapping pin but I've elected to remove it as I decap in another method when cleaning brass.

I find no fault in this product and highly recommend it to one and all.

Gunguy

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/26/02 5:31:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Spray Lubricant
    I just returned from the Biggset gun show east of the Mississippi and there was not a single can of "One shot" there. I hate to order it and pay shipping on a 3 dollar can of spray.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/26/02 5:59:19 pm)
    Then, I guess you're back to rolling the brass on a lube pad!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/4/02 4:13:36 am)
    or ordering more than one can
    Rich

75BDdude
    (11/4/02 6:48:06 pm)
    I used Hornady One Shot for years and loved it. Once my gunsmith was out of it so I bought a bottle of the RCBS spray lube. It was about 30% less in price and that bottle lasted me at least 6 times longer than the cans of One Shot. It works just as good, so I've been using the RCBS stuff ever since.