1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

spring kit for Ruger SA

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by dbcooper, Feb 22, 2012.

1. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

I got a Wolff 3 spring kit for Ruger SA revolvers

how hard are these to install?

I mean, I have done trigger replacements on ARs, heck I can even re-assemble and get the main spring back into a Mark III so with a little skill and right tools can the average guy install one of these kits?
  2. Conman

Conman Member

3. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

I got the spring kit in the mail this weekend and installed it last night.

I like it ok, and the trigger is noticeably better but I wished I had went even lighter on hammer spring.
    overall, for $13 its a really good deal and I might put a kit on all of my SA Rugers......except for my Vaquero
  4. Boogieman

Boogieman Member

While you have the spring out smooth the edges of the mainspring guide. polish the guide & the hole it goes through in the spring seat.this will make the hammer feel much smoother & speed up the lock time .I've done this on new models & 3 screws